The government approves this?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
hedgeballs (osage orange)
Never heard of them....what in the world are they? Do they grow anywhere or just in your area? :D
Haha! Not up here!
Google them, and you will see what they are.
With our air purifier we rarely see a spider, but if I needed any hedgeballs, I would have my parents mail me a couple.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
aggieterpkatie said:
We have osage oranges here! They're also called monkey balls around here. :lol:
I know one thing about them. You would never want to have one hit you on the head when it fell :th

Buster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
In his book In Defense of Food, Michael Pollan claims one of the reasons it is easier for folks to be vegetarians in India and other places where it is popular is due to the high level of proteins from bugs in their daily diet found in the grains and such folks consume. Lots of animal protein in the diet, intended or not.

[Miss_the_north, you may not want to mention that little tidbit in your talk, though.]

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You probably don't want to keep ALL spiders out of your house, they eat all the other bugs--including the ones that bite people. Spiders are the good guys :)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Buster said:
In his book In Defense of Food, Michael Pollan claims one of the reasons it is easier for folks to be vegetarians in India and other places where it is popular is due to the high level of proteins from bugs in their daily diet found in the grains and such folks consume. Lots of animal protein in the diet, intended or not.

[Miss_the_north, you may not want to mention that little tidbit in your talk, though.]
* spits out mouthful of snikitysnacks*

Dang Buster! thats is NAAS-TY!!!

oh hey Bethanial! where you been baby? eatin' bugs?
;-)

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Howdy, OFG - got me a job! :weee :celebrate :clap But it seriously cuts into the 'puter time. Oh well. Can't have everything! Or wait - it's supposed to be everything in moderation, isn't it :plbb

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Spiders are allowed in my house :) they may not be black or black with any color pattern, and they may not commune in my space. They are allowed to web, but once I see an abandoned one I clean it up.

Needless to say, I have very few bugs. Just my spiders!