The Iodine Thread

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
OkieAnnie said:
so, I did not know that soy can throw the thyroid for a loop. 2 of my children drink soy milk due to milk allergies. We have considered getting a goat to milk, but we are not ready for that just yet. I wonder if I can find a local source for goats milk (shouldn't be too hard, it is very rural here) if that would benefit them. There is allot of soy in our diets at the moment. hmmmm :barnie
An idea: Go check out www.realmilk.com. You might try raw cow's milk, too, carefully. It is more digestible for some. Goat's milk is better, though, for most. I am SUPER sensitive and can't touch a drop of store-bought milk, but I drink up to a quart a day of RAW goat's milk with no problems at all.

If you try it and end up wanting to get a goat, there is some support here! You might also look for a "goat share" with someone who can do more of the work. I would happily do that here if I could find someone reliable to come and milk and feed when I have to travel. Maybe an ad on craigslist would get you some ideas of what is happening locally. But it may not be legal to sell raw milk in your state, so you might advertise for raw goat's milk for your pets or for soapmaking. That is the secret code sometimes. But be sure it is not truly for pets and soap because of the animal being treated for worms or is on antibiotics for some reason. I have a freezer full of milk ice cubes for soapmaking, saved from the days following a chemical de-wormer.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No bargain if you meet the 12 mg per day recommended by the docs who use iodine.

Lugols Iodine is your best and likely cheapest application.

http://www.jcrows.com/iodine.html
you want the 5% solution.

Latest posts