the little wild kingdom

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just went to our sister garden thread to review, I don't post there .... But, I absolutely LOVE to look at the bean pics! 🥰🤣. It's not the veg you think of for so many lovers of seed but lovely. It's like all the tomato variety followers...but much more colorful.

Now, I'd be annoyed to plant and not get that result expected due to crosses, soil, etc. But it does explain your excitement for beans. 👍☺️ And I'd want to plant several so spacing to preserve their diversity would be annoying. Ahhh, the wonders of plants!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Now, I'd be annoyed to plant and not get that result expected due to crosses, soil, etc. But it does explain your excitement for beans. 👍☺️ And I'd want to plant several so spacing to preserve their diversity would be annoying. Ahhh, the wonders of plants!

lurking is just fine with me and the rest of the bean lovers there, it's always nice to hear from people who enjoy the pictures.

for me it is mutifaceted and it fills a lot of my happy spots for gardening. it's the exercise, being outside, the food, the colors, the tactile feedback during shelling, the colors of the flowers, the shapes of the plants and how different types can behave and then also providing bee food and learning about genetics and... OCD stuff too. how many beans i can sort and go through and find just those few (as few as one out of several hundred thousand) that i want to see what happens next with. then you have the terror of planting your single seed and not knowing it will grow or produce seeds again.

then i have the other part the seed library, garden club and seed swap. seeing a lot of people and getting some depth in knowing them instead of only once a year (or less). i enjoy gardening and plants and so why not spend time with people who like the same kind of thing. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
did some lime grog making and then cleaning (my least favorite thing) and spider hunting and only found one spider (a juvenile or male) in Mom's room and one egg sac under the small bookcase that's not been moved for many years. glad to say my cleaning efforts through the years were pretty good because it wasn't nearly as bad under there as i expected. also checked under the futon again and did not find a single spider. that's nice. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the killdeer are back and i had a nice part of the afternoon working outside in a garden and it wasn't even cold. dirt therapy for the win. :)

also some of the purple crocuses were coming out. deer already went through and was eating whatever it could find. lil boogers...

celebrating the end of one project and starting on the next tomorrow. i love it though as it's a big puzzle coming together and it's all working out as it should.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If they don't the goats will. Mine broke thru & over a 5' fence, stake with t-posts, 4' from trees.....killed 3 blooming apple trees😡. I'd add solar electric, thinking back.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
a bit of snow this morning and today, most of it is already melted off the driveway so i won't likely worry about shovelling.

otherwise continuing the project i'm working on. making progress is all i can expect and have to decide a few things to be more uniform but this is all ok. :)