the little wild kingdom

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i was digging through some stuff today and came across an old photo album and with all the talk of dogs had to take a few pictures from that and so...

they are fading now and no negatives of them that i know of.

still here are a few snapshots i took a little while ago so i could post them, they are not scans, but instead pictures of pictures and not really good, but you get the idea. :)

Chastity was the last dog we had during my younger years, quite a character with a lot of stories. We had two dogs before her (even more stories!)…

DSC_20240123_191809-0500_2290_Chas_thm.jpg

Of course she had puppies (not so chaste after all), 13 of them and she didn’t know what was going on to begin with and sat on the first one (which didn’t make it), the rest survived (including the runt, which we called Runtski). As far as we know all went to good homes, when Runtski was placed at last we were sad to see him go and some years later we heard from them that he was doing ok. No other contact with anyone that I know of. Yes, we did get Chas spayed after that.

[you might be able to count 12 puppies in this picture]

DSC_20240123_191746-0500_2289_Puppy_Chow_thm.jpg

They were always so much fun if you would give them any attention they would swarm at you. Attack!

DSC_20240123_191602-0500_2287_Puppy_Invasion_thm.jpg

Puppy piles and puppy breath.

DSC_20240123_191613-0500_2288_Puppies_thm.jpg

if you see capital letters at the first word of sentences i'm pretty much just copying and pasting text from:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
shovelled snow and enjoyed the warmer weather after it stopped snowing and then rained a bit. not too much to do so it was again just a nice time to be outside and get some fresh air and exercise but not too much. my sister sent me a note asking how i was doing from the cold and i told her that it was like i'd not been sick at all. it was here and gone so quick.

i've been trying to still be very careful around Mom and the rest of the house in general. washing hands, wiping down things i touch, etc...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
same brother visited today who was here last week, glad to hear he did not get sick from being here. otherwise all is good. he took some pictures of the pictures but with his phone which is much easier for him to deal with. so they are now out and about with the family.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
forecast 58F and sunny today with plenty of wind. just not right! no snow... :(

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
heavy snow right now with rain and sleet coming later, some wind gusts too so i've topped off the water buckets in case the power goes out. glad i don't have to be out driving in this. it sure does look nicer though to have some snow cover back. when Mom got up this morning she said there wasn't any snow coming down or snow on the ground. now it's a few inches deep and coming down heavy.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh gee whiz - sure hope your power stays on!

the bulk of the rain went south of us so there was no trouble at all so far. pretty nice out there if i had the right clothes on. i took my time shovelling and broke it into three rounds of a half hour or less each. wet and heavy but i just pushed it most of the ways and it will melt soon enough. the end of the driveway was a slushy muddy mess, but i'm glad i got most of it cleared away so it doesn't freeze up.

the sun has been out a few times so that is nice, even if it isn't warm warm that's ok if i'm out there shovelling anyways. :) rest of the week looks like mixed sunshine and clouds and no forecast of snow at the moment. just overnight lows below freezing for the most part and then above freezing during the day.