the little wild kingdom

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
some people have mentioned there are no weeds in our gardens. haha, far from it, but i do tend to not focus on the really bad parts until after i've cleaned them up. so to put that statement to rest i've posted this picture of a weedy garden i will be working on this fall and/or next spring. i've already started (on the right edge, the posts mark how far i've gotten).

i need to get those lilies, grasses and other weeds out of there for a few seasons. those grasses are also spread into the neighboring thyme but i'm not going to dig that entire area up.

DSC_20201108_132554-0500_712_Weeds_thm.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That looks like MY garden, lol.

it has needed some work for a few years now.

the neigboring thyme garden will get some work done on it next year as i can get to it, as much grass as i can get out of there as possible. takes a lot of work to track those runners down and get them out of there without destroying the thyme or other plants in there. it is an insect refuge. a place to provide cover for the beneficial insects during the off season when the rest of the gardens are scraped bare.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hmm, lately everyone's pic links are broken for me. Not sure what's happened.

boogers! i run an alternate reality than most people so i can only report that i know it isn't my setup here or the website having problems because each night when i shut things down i clear out the browser file cache. which means every time i open up TEG or SS in the morning it is bringing the pictures back in from the internet/websites and not using anything from local storage.

now with how things are going on the wider internet it can be an issue of your area's service provider not working properly or your own computer/browser and setup having some kind of problem (perhaps a recent update broke things?). sorry i can't help much more than that.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Interesting, @flowerbug I can see see everyone's pictures posted except for your recent ones in this thread

hmm, that is strange. everything is coming up ok here. i checked out some other threads to see if any pics were not showing up and i'm seeing their pictures too... dunno what is going on. :(

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ok, i finally updated the website so that there is a certificate so that people can use a secure connection to it with encryption (even if i'm doing absolutely nothing that actually requires that level of security). so if you've been having issues seeing pictures or visiting the website with security warnings those should now be gone.

it hasn't ever made any difference to me at all to use an unencrypted connection because the web browser i used would ignore such sillyness, but now they are building more security into the web browser and it's annoying so i fixed it. :)

Latest posts