the little wild kingdom

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
called plumber this morning, they came out to check it out right away, blew out the pressure tank for the well, they'll be back later to replace it. going to take a bite out of the budget but it is still cheaper than a monthly water bill. after 27 years things gonna break.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
saga (soggy) continues, pressure tank replaced but there is an issue with the well or the pipe between the well and the house. so now having to get the well people out to check on things...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh no! One thing always leads to another….

it keeps getting better too. this morning i turn on the well pump and now there's no water pressure so something is not working right. the well guy is coming by later and my call to the plumbing company also has someone coming out again to check things. i hope they can be here at the same time... we'll see...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hate you have these problems! Àlso hate my house is 23 and it's inevitable -- things happen! 😞

so true, that's why i have a budget, i don't mind having to spend something on helping keeping it up once in a while (we split the major bills like this one). it's still cheaper than paying rent and having monthly water bills. however, at my current rate of income (not much) it does take time to recharge my budget so it looks like i won't be doing any fencing this season as i'd hoped.

this particular event just reinforces how much i hate to have to work with repair people and you have to keep an eye on things.

this was not a good experience at all with this plumber.

the well guy did have to do some work to tighten up something in the well so it would not drain back but he also had to find out the problems with what the plumbers did and correct them and it cost him the time and effort on a second return visit to do that so i was happy with his work, but now i'll have to check things out down below myself to make sure the black plastic is down how it should be.

i didn't appreciate the plumbers in so many ways it would be a rant of several pages (to get it out of my system). so i will just have to let that go and get back to gardening. :) a much nicer topic.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ugh - terrible when the "professionals" make life harder... :(

if i can't figure out how to increase the water pressure myself i'll have to call them back next week. watering this morning was like "Where's the juice?" not enough pressure, it will take me way too much time to water all these gardens if the pressure is always going to be this low.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ok, looks like it can be done. i'll talk with the well guy on Tuesday and go from there as i much prefer to deal with him than the plumbers. it's not an emergency since we do have water and if he can come back any time he's in the area that is fine with me. if he takes a pass then i dial up the plumbers and grin and bear it.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So do you know what kind of pressure tank you have? If one with a bladder, that may be ruptured and cause for tank replacement....otherwise, here's something to review & maybe resolve the problem, checking tank & water lines

Adjust your tank's pressure switch:
Test your water pressure with a pressure gauge. If the reading is below 40 psi, then adjust the pressure tank switch to raise your water pressure. Locate the pressure switch on the pipe that connects your well to your storage tank and modify the pressure accordingly.Jan 15, 2021
https://www.freshwatersystems.com › ...
What Causes Low Water Pressure and How to Improve