The Many Uses of Breastmilk

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
heatherv said:
:D Have to say this made me lol!

I've spent more than half of the past 11 years breastfeeding.. and well, w/ a few of my kids allergic to cow milk and soy milk... I did use my pumped breast milk in their cereal, cups, muffins for quite awhile. I knew it had antiseptic properties, but never thought about whippin' it out to squirt it on an owie! :lol: Sorry.. still makes me lol to think about it!

I couldn't imagine the looks I'd get from family members! me whippin' it out: "hey.. hold still... I'm gonna squirt some of this in yer eye...come on, it'll make it feel better" hehehehe!
Reminds me of My Big Fat Greek Wedding, when her dad kept squirting Windex on everything!

I'm not exactly repulsed by human milk but, since ruminates are largely vegetarian, I don't know if it would be comparative unless the people were veggies also? I also don't know if I would be more repulsed by Bessie's milk if she were to speak to me every day and we went shopping together! I guess its all in our minds!

BrookValley

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
heatherv said:
:D Have to say this made me lol!

I've spent more than half of the past 11 years breastfeeding.. and well, w/ a few of my kids allergic to cow milk and soy milk... I did use my pumped breast milk in their cereal, cups, muffins for quite awhile. I knew it had antiseptic properties, but never thought about whippin' it out to squirt it on an owie! :lol: Sorry.. still makes me lol to think about it!

I couldn't imagine the looks I'd get from family members! me whippin' it out: "hey.. hold still... I'm gonna squirt some of this in yer eye...come on, it'll make it feel better" hehehehe!
Reminds me of My Big Fat Greek Wedding, when her dad kept squirting Windex on everything!

I'm not exactly repulsed by human milk but, since ruminates are largely vegetarian, I don't know if it would be comparative unless the people were veggies also? I also don't know if I would be more repulsed by Bessie's milk if she were to speak to me every day and we went shopping together! I guess its all in our minds!
I'm lactating, but I am a veggie...should my nickname be Bessie?? :hu

:lol:

Breastmilk is awesome. How much more self-sufficient can you get? Feed your kid anywhere, anytime, through emergencies, etc. I was telling my husband one day when my son was tiny, about the immunities passed on to the child when nursing, and he was awestruck. He said, "Wow....they [hoo-has] really are magical, aren't they?" :gig But if you think about it, they really are!!

Cassandra, I couldn't agree with you more!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You know, humans are the only animals that continue to intentionally drink milk after weaning? Sure, an animal will drink it if we give it to them, but in the wild this doesn't happen! I can just see the cows standing in the field, chewing their cud, saying, "They do WHAT with our milk?" :lol:

Tutter

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Did you have to say that last part? Oh, goodness, I frightened the chicks with my ROTFL! :gig

Now stop being bad so I can post in peace, please! ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Seriously, who was the first person that looked at a cow's teat and said, "I bet that tastes good..." :hu

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I know - is it not bizarre that most people thing it is all eeeewwwy and ooogy to talk about breastmilk but consider it perfectly normal for an adult human to want to effectively breastfeed from a COW :p

Pat, who is a big fan of cow milk, but having out of curiousity tasted what my babies were getting I have to say that it probably helps if you have small-baby tastebuds and have never tasted anything else, because, really, bleh.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
I know - is it not bizarre that most people thing it is all eeeewwwy and ooogy to talk about breastmilk but consider it perfectly normal for an adult human to want to effectively breastfeed from a COW :p

Pat, who is a big fan of cow milk, but having out of curiousity tasted what my babies were getting I have to say that it probably helps if you have small-baby tastebuds and have never tasted anything else, because, really, bleh.
You have tasted it :eek:
Does it taste anything like cow?

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Watered-down tasting, oversweet compared to cow's milk, and IMO with an odd sort of 'soapy' taste.

C'mon, you know when you're at a restaurant sometimes you wonder what the other person's entree tastes like. Also I'm a biologist. You get curious about things :p

Pat