The Many Uses of Breastmilk

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Watered-down tasting, oversweet compared to cow's milk, and IMO with an odd sort of 'soapy' taste.

C'mon, you know when you're at a restaurant sometimes you wonder what the other person's entree tastes like. Also I'm a biologist. You get curious about things :p

Pat
Atleast you have an excuse. How about you beekissed? Whats your excuse?

RLAZ

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well, thanks for the information. I guess this can be a good help for people who are VERY sufficient. :)

hensdeliverthegoods

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I don't think this was weird at all. We're humans, why does using human milk shock us so much? I think maybe it's because society "trains" us that breasts are sexual organs.

And I tasted my milk when I was feeding my babies, too. It is surprisingly sweet, I can see why breast-fed babies don't want to switch to formula! But then, they're not baby cows or baby soybeans, they're baby humans, so why wouldn't they want what's specially designed for them? :coolsun

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
ticks said:
patandchickens said:
Watered-down tasting, oversweet compared to cow's milk, and IMO with an odd sort of 'soapy' taste.

C'mon, you know when you're at a restaurant sometimes you wonder what the other person's entree tastes like. Also I'm a biologist. You get curious about things :p

Pat
Atleast you have an excuse. How about you beekissed? Whats your excuse?
Well, ticks, I am a woman and I have breasts, and once upon a time I was lactating....natural for a woman to taste food before giving it to the baby! :D :lol:

EweSheep

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I find this very interesting! Never thought about using breast milk in recipes.

I was BF my daughter and out of the curiousity, I had to taste to find out. It was like unsweeted yogurt taste but DD loves it! Sometimes I wished I would have breast fed a little bit longer than six months but DD decided to wean from me and I was not producing enough milk either as well has her teething OUCH!

There are some moms that would donate their breast milk to tiny infants...I know my hospital does!

Hats off to BF mothers!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
(laughing my butt off!!!!!) Thank you for the best laugh I have had in a long time! I am TOTALLY for breastfeeding (the way I fed my kids until they were at least 1 year old), really, but I'm laughing myself sick at the thought of serving pie and saying, "Can you guess what that secret ingredient is?" My family is already used to beet cake, broccoli choc torte, pumpkin pancakes, etc. etc., But, how about breastmilk biscuits??? My husband's family thinks I'm an absolute nut and it took all their strength to accommodate my breastfeeding my kids since my MIL did not feed her 4 kids this way. At about 2 months old, they would start asking, "So, how long are you going to nurse them anyway?" [insert repulsed facial expression] I am ready to snort (milk?) up my nose at the look on her face if I had started using the extras to make lotion, soap, poultices.

I do have to say one thing--no offense please--but HIV can be spread through breastmilk. I think you would really want to know your source...

Okay, back to laughing :)

mockingbird girl

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
As a breastfeeding mother myself I can definitely vouch for its many uses! haha.

I've got a 23 mth old and a 6 mth old-- I've donated about 170 oz of breast milk to a family in need.. and I'm still going. Thank heaven's for my chest freezer! :D