The most rediculas thing from economic Advisors on TV

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Please can you kids just stop it? It is so pointless.

This site is usually fun.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
maybe conservatives make ALOT more income than others?? So they can give more??
Not according to anything I have read.

"Most of the difference in giving among conservatives and liberals gets back to religion. Religious liberals give nearly as much as religious conservatives, Mr. Brooks found. And secular conservatives are even less generous than secular liberals.

At the outset of his research, Mr. Brooks had assumed that those who favor a large role for government would be most likely to give to charity. But in fact, the opposite is true.

Several times throughout the book, Mr. Brooks quotes Mr. Nader, the political activist, who said during his 2000 presidential campaign: "A society that has more justice is a society that needs less charity."

Mr. Brooks calls it a "bitter irony" that those favoring income redistribution are not doing much redistributing from their own bank accounts and he blames liberal leaders like Mr. Nader for letting liberals off the hook.

"In essence, for many Americans, political opinions are a substitute for personal checks," Mr. Brooks writes."

""Some people will always say that government spending (based on taxes) is necessary to pay for things that private charity will not," he writes. "This may be true. But we must remember that taxation has some very destructive consequences for communities and for the nation as a whole. Charity, in contrast, has only the upside.""
http://philanthropy.com/free/articles/v19/i04/04001101.htm

ScottSD

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Now Now WZ, you know those studies really don't mean much.......;)

Great post by the way :thumbsup

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
thank you for being so interested in me but i have 3 small kids and a single parent

soooooooooo no job as the cost of daycare have me near the same dollar amount in the end but working my a.. off so pointless.

FarmerChick said:
wondering, do you work at all?

support and ebay sales just wondering if there is a job involved here

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:

A lot of people consider eBay their business. My BIL has done it for years, and made thousands each month selling Honda Goldwing parts on eBay. Nothing wrong with making a living from home if you've found a nitch doing it.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
THANK YOU and WELL SAID

If I dont HAVE to bust my butt working for someone or just to make pennies so guess what my answer is? Not gonna happen.

When the economy was good I was making over 2000 a month working MAYBE 10 hours a week. Guess what most of that time consisted of SAY IT AINT SO --- SHOPPING!

So there SHOPPING is HARD WORK and that is something I will bust my butt at doing because I do it so well!

Quail_Antwerp said:
FarmerChick said:

A lot of people consider eBay their business. My BIL has done it for years, and made thousands each month selling Honda Goldwing parts on eBay. Nothing wrong with making a living from home if you've found a nitch doing it.

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hmm. I have been busting my butt for years as single parent. I didn't know it was optional.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
EVERY single parent will bust their butt it is not an option. There is an option in regards to employment then I wont bust my butt to have someone hand me orders for a couple of dollars to survive.

Never did I say I busted my butt raising my kids I said busting my but for an employer to get some of its chump change.

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
elijahboy said:
EVERY single parent will bust their butt it is not an option. There is an option in regards to employment then I wont bust my butt to have someone hand me orders for a couple of dollars to survive.
Oh I see.

I think you need to seek more child support. That does not seem like nearly enough for three children.

Good luck with your struggle.

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
elijahboy said:

Never did I say I busted my butt raising my kids I said busting my but for an employer to get some of its chump change.
Well, yes, that is what I meant. I never realized working was optional. I have never had a choice.