The most rediculas thing from economic Advisors on TV

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
well we are looking to get back together in 2011 once he returns from iraq so i dont ask and i dont really feel like i need anymore because i dont feel like im struggling. Money is tighter than I would like but not struggling.

hikerchick said:
elijahboy said:
EVERY single parent will bust their butt it is not an option. There is an option in regards to employment then I wont bust my butt to have someone hand me orders for a couple of dollars to survive.
Oh I see.

I think you need to seek more child support. That does not seem like nearly enough for three children.

Good luck with your struggle.

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
elijahboy said:
well we are looking to get back together in 2011 once he returns from iraq so i dont ask and i dont really feel like i need anymore because i dont feel like im struggling. Money is tighter than I would like but not struggling.

hikerchick said:
elijahboy said:
EVERY single parent will bust their butt it is not an option. There is an option in regards to employment then I wont bust my butt to have someone hand me orders for a couple of dollars to survive.
Oh I see.

I think you need to seek more child support. That does not seem like nearly enough for three children.

Oh, well, that's good. I admire you for being able to live on so little. You must be a good budgeter.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
WORKING IS AN OPTION. There are so many avenues you can take to make money. Ebay is a great one. I have been at it for 7 years or maybe more. Only the last 3 years has it been my only income.

hikerchick said:
elijahboy said:

Never did I say I busted my butt raising my kids I said busting my but for an employer to get some of its chump change.
Well, yes, that is what I meant. I never realized working was optional. I have never had a choice.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The cheapness has gotten bad lately. I told my mom I started walking 2 hours a day. She said thats good I said yeah because I get to turn all my electric off while im walking.

elijahboy said:

hikerchick said:
elijahboy said:
Oh I see.

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
elijahboy said:
WORKING IS AN OPTION. There are so many avenues you can take to make money. Ebay is a great one. I have been at it for 7 years or maybe more. Only the last 3 years has it been my only income.

hikerchick said:
elijahboy said:

Never did I say I busted my butt raising my kids I said busting my but for an employer to get some of its chump change.
Well, yes, that is what I meant. I never realized working was optional. I have never had a choice.
I wish I knew how to work at home and make as much as my job pays, plus benefits.

I would be so there.

Good for you.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
maybe conservatives make ALOT more income than others?? So they can give more??
Not according to anything I have read.

"Most of the difference in giving among conservatives and liberals gets back to religion. Religious liberals give nearly as much as religious conservatives, Mr. Brooks found. And secular conservatives are even less generous than secular liberals.

At the outset of his research, Mr. Brooks had assumed that those who favor a large role for government would be most likely to give to charity. But in fact, the opposite is true.

Several times throughout the book, Mr. Brooks quotes Mr. Nader, the political activist, who said during his 2000 presidential campaign: "A society that has more justice is a society that needs less charity."

Mr. Brooks calls it a "bitter irony" that those favoring income redistribution are not doing much redistributing from their own bank accounts and he blames liberal leaders like Mr. Nader for letting liberals off the hook.

"In essence, for many Americans, political opinions are a substitute for personal checks," Mr. Brooks writes."

""Some people will always say that government spending (based on taxes) is necessary to pay for things that private charity will not," he writes. "This may be true. But we must remember that taxation has some very destructive consequences for communities and for the nation as a whole. Charity, in contrast, has only the upside.""
http://philanthropy.com/free/articles/v19/i04/04001101.htm
Obviously another view on Mr. Brooks;
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/elaine-petrocelli/nicholas-kristoff-is-wron_b_152723.html

Omran

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
You Guys are the best, thak you for the very worm welcome.
and Ienjoy reading all your inputs.