The Nerd Confession Thread

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I miss the original Battlestar :D

My dad and I watched it faithfully every week LOL.

I've always been more book fiendish than movie though. Although Josh Whedon is a frakkin GENIUS. Even Buffy was great :D Except when it was lame.

hahahaha.

Auntie, auntie!! I know I'm more LIKE River.... but I'd be a smashing good Companion!!!

I need to do costumes... *wistful* it's like steampunk. It's western steampunk.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
pioneergirl said:
Beekissed said:
I take a book everywhere I go. I read all the time I can...even while using the toilet. I sometimes talk to people while I'm on the can as well...the ultimate in multitasking.

I stopped coloring my hair and am letting my grey hang out....btw, I still have a shag hair cut from the 80s.

I like doing crossword puzzles.

I'm good at Trivial Pursuit and Jeopardy.

I like all my towels to be folded the same way and facing the same way....washclothes also.

The only parts of the newspaper I like is the comics, Ann Landers and the crossword puzzle.

I like Reader's Digest Condensed Books and I collect them whenever I can. I have boxes of them.

I don't have regular TV...just the idiot box and the DVD/VHS player~own tons of movies.

I like Oldies Rock the best and sing while I'm driving. I have over 2000 songs on my computer. My truck only has a cassette player.... :(

I don't like cell phones and don't own one but can text pretty well.

I love to garden and keep chickens....even sheep!

I love and collect old porcelain and pottery pieces....particularly yellow speckled ones. I like that certain color of green also.

I spend an inordinate amount of time on forums about chickens, self-sufficiency and gardens. I have a collection of MEN mags from the 80s and the complete collection of the Foxfire books.

I am a country nerd.
I'm moving in with Bee....we have way too much in common and to have our weirdness spread over such great distances is sad.... :lol:
P-girl! My boys are moving out next week.....swim on over, the water is fiiiiiiiinnnnneeee! :D :lol: I would have to agree...it is a shame that we all live so far apart...what great parties we could all have! Hen parties for sure.... :D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
"Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing? ... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes."

:gig

My sister told me about the IT crowd. She got it on Netflix. Had no idea what it was, she was just looking for something different. Ended up loving it :D

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi My name is Lyn and I'm a nerd.

*when i was a teen I would regularly get in trouble for reading books constantly

*I have all the HP

*I have quite a few Disc Worlds

*I have most of The Wheel of Time

*I have all of the Sword of Truth: which is now a series on t.v. called Legend of the Seeker which I never miss

*I never miss Futurama, or How the Earth was Made

*if I'm outside and find a plant or fungus I don't recognise I get all worked up (my husband just rolls his eyes)

*I own many Fraggle Rock DVDs, Willow, The Dark Crystal, and nearly anything else that has Jim Hensons muppets

*I was in a puppet troupe in high school (all 4 years) that had disabled puppets where we taught grade school kids about being different

I'm a hippy dippy trippy witchy nerd and that's about the only way to say it.......:p

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
mamagoose said:
*I was in a puppet troupe in high school (all 4 years) that had disabled puppets where we taught grade school kids about being different
like Avenue Q ?

eta found a better vid :D

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
No but those are hilarious........much too adult for grade school kids.

No it was called 'Kids on the Block', and we volunteered though the local Alfred S. Carr center.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
*I never miss Futurama
Me either! I told hubby we should go as Zapp Brannigan and Lela to our next halloween party. Can't figure out how to make a single eye that I can still see out of with my glasses though.