THE OFFICIAL GARDENING AND PRESERVING CHALLENGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Okay, back to the challenge.... One thing I would like to add as a condition is what I mentioned at first - like in billiards, call your shots. So others can participate, if they like, we can just say I'd like to accomplish "something" in my garden this year and we get judged against that. I think enough fertilizer has been spread over those KY and TN gardens the last two nights in this discussion, that my garden is waaay behind. ;)

Wannabe, I am not making pre-excuses :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Okay, back to the challenge.... One thing I would like to add as a condition is what I mentioned at first - like in billiards, call your shots. So others can participate, if they like, we can just say I'd like to accomplish "something" in my garden this year and we get judged against that. I think enough fertilizer has been spread over those KY and TN gardens the last two nights in this discussion, that my garden is waaay behind. ;)

We shall see. Let the games begin :D

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:

Let the blood be spilled...... :D

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:

Let the blood be spilled...... :D
You're beginning to scare me, youngin' :hide This is for fun.... :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Hey do we include our livestock goals in this? I plan on some meat birds in the Spring.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Hey do we include our livestock goals in this? I plan on some meat birds in the Spring.
I really think it could be whatever you want to do. I do, and I know some don't, like the *peer* pressure with setting a personal goal out there in public for all to see and encourage each other. It motivates me.

For me, it really ties into the discussion we had in the Bible Study thread about making the most from what blessings are bestowed on us.

We all maybe went overboard on the friendly trash talking :lol: , but did you notice how we were talking about reaching out to those around us to help "win"? In a way, by doing that, you've won already... ;)

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
How about this:

We have a homesteading goals for the year. And do a challenge like that someway. That way everyone can compete.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
I really think it could be whatever you want to do. I do, and I know some don't, like the *peer* pressure with setting a personal goal out there in public for all to see and encourage each other. It motivates me.

For me, it really ties into the discussion we had in the Bible Study thread about making the most from what blessings are bestowed on us.

We all maybe went overboard on the friendly trash talking :lol: , but did you notice how we were talking about reaching out to those around us to help "win"? In a way, by doing that, you've won already... ;)
Nice sentiment :)
The trash talking is just FUNNY! I hope we all have the bestest gardens EVER this year, and save a boatload on grocery bills...wouldn't it be nice!! I like friendly competition too, and I AM competitive :D I think if we each say how we planted, grew our crops and such too it may help us learn from each others mistakes. I am really a bit of a novice, but I want a BUNCH of tomatoes this year, and am determined to get them.

There is an older gentleman at the end of my road that has bushels upon bushels upon bushels EVERY year, even when nobody else can get them to grow....I am SOOOO gonna hit him up for some advice!!! Maybe even seeds if he'll share with me :D I am pretty sure he saves seed! We must have a chat soon ;) Maybe I'll take him some homemade bread and some fresh eggs too. I know his wife is disabled and wheelchair bound. They seem like sweet folks, I buy tomatoes from them when mine crap out :lol:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:

Nice sentiment :)
The trash talking is just FUNNY! I hope we all have the bestest gardens EVER this year, and save a boatload on grocery bills...wouldn't it be nice!! I like friendly competition too, and I AM competitive :D I think if we each say how we planted, grew our crops and such too it may help us learn from each others mistakes. I am really a bit of a novice, but I want a BUNCH of tomatoes this year, and am determined to get them.

There is an older gentleman at the end of my road that has bushels upon bushels upon bushels EVERY year, even when nobody else can get them to grow....I am SOOOO gonna hit him up for some advice!!! Maybe even seeds if he'll share with me :D I am pretty sure he saves seed! We must have a chat soon ;) Maybe I'll take him some homemade bread and some fresh eggs too. I know his wife is disabled and wheelchair bound. They seem like sweet folks, I buy tomatoes from them when mine crap out :lol:
That's me, Mr Sensitive

In talking about canning/drying corn, I did remember saying "outsourcing" was okay....hhhmmm ****flips through rulebook ****

Status
Not open for further replies.