THE OFFICIAL GARDENING AND PRESERVING CHALLENGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I planted tomatoes this weekend, and harvested broccoli and cauliflower. Anyone want some bok choy? We are nearly sick of it.

One of my plum trees is blooming! I am very excited for that.

My celery is doing well. I've never grown it before, so who knows.

So far in 2011 I've harvested 130 lbs. of produce.

I like turnips and parsnips mixed with other root veggies, but not on their own. Dh loves parsnips sauteed in butter.

I'm A Gardener :)

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My main crops have been decided... The rest my dad will grow!

Swiss Chard
Bok Choy(If I can find any seeds!)
Okra

Ca't wait for the okra.... they're huge plants and I love their flowers :)

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i heard that turnips are an aquired taste too. i guess i'll just have to try em! kinda nervous though :/ ha ha.

the lettuce and radish plants were about an inch and a half tall when i put them in the other window with the draft. i kept them watered... i'm not sure what happened. fed them to the goats. they didnt seem to like them. it was all tops but only about a palm-ful.

i just got comfrey root pieces in the mail today with some other seeds. i just love forums! makes it so easy to get in touch with people. :D

anyone have any tips on growing walking onions? are they grown the same as other onions? going to look that up... any tips will be welcome.
thanks!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Turnips are delicious! If you like the turnip greens...you should like turnips too, just a good bit stronger flavor in the turnip itself.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
ohiogoatgirl said:
i heard that turnips are an aquired taste too. i guess i'll just have to try em! kinda nervous though :/ ha ha.

the lettuce and radish plants were about an inch and a half tall when i put them in the other window with the draft. i kept them watered... i'm not sure what happened. fed them to the goats. they didnt seem to like them. it was all tops but only about a palm-ful.

i just got comfrey root pieces in the mail today with some other seeds. i just love forums! makes it so easy to get in touch with people. :D

anyone have any tips on growing walking onions? are they grown the same as other onions? going to look that up... any tips will be welcome.
thanks!
I'd be interested in learning more about the walking onions, too. I looked closely at them when I was placing my seed order.

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
here is a link for walking onions: http://www.egyptianwalkingonion.com/
they are quite interesting! i am excited to see how they do!

my little lime tree is doin well. moved it into a bit of a sunnier spot in the window and am watering it a bit more.

btw ***i am going to be digging up a ton of TIGER LILLY BULBS because my dad doesnt like them. there is a ton and i only have space for some in other flower beds. if anyone would like some i would be happy to get you some. i would be grateful for a bit of money to pay for sending them out. ***

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I has to haves some of them!!!!!!!! Those are the coolest onions I have ever seen!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I has to haves some of them!!!!!!!! Those are the coolest onions I have ever seen!
Plant 'em alongside the new sheep pen.... :th :p

:lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:

:p smarty pants I might do just THAT! Your inbox is full btw brother ;)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:

:p smarty pants I might do just THAT! Your inbox is full btw brother ;)
Cleaned up a little now....

Status
Not open for further replies.