THE OFFICIAL GARDENING AND PRESERVING CHALLENGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Everything from the weekend sprouted with the exception of the peppers, which need 3-4 more days by my calendar.
:woot

I'm A Gardener :)

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm gonna grow a few tomatoes from seeds (or try to) since they are so hard to harden off, however I have my cold frame now so I need to try!!!! :D

sheaviance1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It sounds like you guys are having fun!

Have any of you grown ground cherries before?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I got a packet free with my seed order!!!! Any advice?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Everything from the weekend sprouted with the exception of the peppers, which need 3-4 more days by my calendar.
:woot
:weee Let me know on the peppers :D Good deal on everything else! (Happy now? :p )

sheaviance1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
No, this will be my first time growing them. I hear that they are wonderful! The ones I got are supposed to taste a little like pineapples :D

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
sheaviance1 said:
No, this will be my first time growing them. I hear that they are wonderful! The ones I got are supposed to taste a little like pineapples :D
My packet says strawberries. :) The biggest challenge will be to keep the chickens out of them.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I got a couple pics before my camera batteries died :rolleyes: For some reason I can't get the darn things to hold a charge, but as stated, a few pics.

Garlic to the right you can see the goats had their snack :rant

2291_plants_2011_001.jpg

Blueberries, again to the left, goat tampering is evident :/

2291_plants_2011_002.jpg

Tater tire #1 :D

2291_plants_2011_003.jpg

Tater tire #2 :D :D

2291_plants_2011_004.jpg

What I did not get to take pics of today, which is, tomatoes, peppers, and the onions in the swimming pool :lol: I will try to get pics of tomorrow...IF the batteries will charge for my camera :rolleyes:

I do have another tater tire, and yet another tater tote that were both planted about 3 weeks after these. My strawberries have no leaves yet, peas haven't come up yet, and my broccoli is ummmmm probably toast :p :lol:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This is my Ground Cherry from last year. The large green lump at the end of the box. The only problem I had was accessing the cherries when the hit the ground. Because it was in the box I missed a bunch. I got really good at collecting them off the ground towards the end of the season. Then I would just leave a cookie sheet full on the counter. Every time I walked by I would look for the yellow ones and just snack on them.

333_img_1868.jpg

I hope to be more productive this year and actually make pie or jam or something.

Wifezilla also does the Ground Cherries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts