The Pagan Circle

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well im the eldest of the eldest and im certinaly not "evil"...and my lil sister isnt either lol...or at least neither of us think so...lol.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nobody would even suggest it is true! Everyone is different. I was just noticing that in my own family was all. I wouldn't even think it would be true of everyone.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Rathbone and Moxie - Welcome :)

I attended a Unity church for a while. I already knew I was pagan, but knew the minister well and was quite open with her about my beliefs. We had plenty of philosophical discussions, without "pressure", and then she invited me to visit and try it out. I was comfortable with the messages, and enjoyed the people there. It's not my path- but it is definitely a good one.

Britesea - Family dynamics tend to be pretty consistent in their own family line.
My family always seems to have 2 daughters early, before they have any sons.
I think I got the psychic stuff from my Dad. They split up while I was a toddler, but some personality must be inherited. I'm a lot like him.
Hubby's family has lots of psychic women each generation- and one guy per generation will be.
My brother (by choice, not blood) is the 7th son and he was the 9th (and youngest) child. He's pagan, and very psychic too.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pinkfox, I was never suggesting that eldest daughters are always evil and youngest daughters are always good! I was just thinking how this resembled so many fairy tales I've read, lol

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I know my older sister is evil. :D Boy can I tellha some stories. :) Selfish, close minded, mean, spightful, and on and on. Pure evil energy comes from her. In my life I have only been able to have one nice sit down talk with her. All other attempts turn into feuds. Last one was 3 yrs ago and we have not talked since. I feel back because I like my brother in law too. Nice English guy. :)

goatilocks

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have totally enjoyed reading all this. I was raised as a southern Baptist. (forced more like it) All my life i was told witches worshipped the devil, mediums were possessed, and things like crystals and cards were tools of the devil. Thankfully as I grew older, I was able to research these "taboo" topics. I am fascinated with nature. I talk to the trees. I listen to the water. I play in the rain and run my fingers through the dirt. Last year I read up about yule logs and plan to have one next to my Christmas tree. I have seen a fairy ring and kick myself for not kneeling in the center to make a wish and not taking a picture of it. Is there a very basic, beginers book to paganism? Something like paganism for dummies? Where do I start if I want to learn more?

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
goatilocks - for me I did my beginning research on line. Use caution as there are lots of black arts out there and they can usually be spotted the minute you open the page. After you do some basic research you will know more about the path you want to follow.

Look up Gerald Gardner if you are interested in Wicca - I think this will give you a good idea and some basics. As for other paths - there is tons of info - but basically - as this is a very personal path you are choosing and unless you have tons of money to spend on books, do the free research online first. This will guide you to the correct books to purchase.

During my research - the first thing I looked for from the author/blogger/website was to make sure there were principles and morals. No black arts. No vengeful spell casting. Love, peace, harmony, honoring others and ourselves is a requirement for me.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
goatilocks said:
I have totally enjoyed reading all this. I was raised as a southern Baptist. (forced more like it) All my life i was told witches worshipped the devil, mediums were possessed, and things like crystals and cards were tools of the devil. Thankfully as I grew older, I was able to research these "taboo" topics. I am fascinated with nature. I talk to the trees. I listen to the water. I play in the rain and run my fingers through the dirt. Last year I read up about yule logs and plan to have one next to my Christmas tree. I have seen a fairy ring and kick myself for not kneeling in the center to make a wish and not taking a picture of it. Is there a very basic, beginers book to paganism? Something like paganism for dummies? Where do I start if I want to learn more?
Welcome to the "Dark Side" :lol: No, seriously..I'm just teasing. :lol: I consider myself a "Green Hippy"...I refused to drink, smoke or do drugs...I have always recycled....I had my 3 children without a drugged childbirth and proceeded to nurse them all for over 6 months. I washed diapers, and cook from scratch for the most part. I use my clothesline, turn off power suckers around the house. I am spiritual but not religious. I try to make a small carbon footprint..as small as possible anyway. My mothers side, was almost half Cherokee...ad I seem to inherit alot of strange things from her side. Intuition etc. Oh, I don't know.....I have always been the Black Sheep of my immediate family. I dare to be different, seek out life and try not to fear the unknown. I married at 16...not pregnant. I was a Navy wife for 15 years. Loved it. I am taboo to most of my family...and my 2 older "evil" sisters will have nothing to do with me...not even communications. Oh well. I am happy. I don't seek others approval to be myself. :bun :weee :bun :ya

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I read through here and there are so many comments that strike me and I want to respond to and in the end, I have forgotten to address all of them.

But some things that stood out to me:
I giggled at "Paganism for dummies" - yes I need that one also.
Moxies self definition "I consider myself a "Green Hippy"...I refused to drink, smoke or do drugs...I have always recycled....I had my 3 children without a drugged childbirth and proceeded to nurse them all for over 6 months. I washed diapers, and cook from scratch for the most part. I use my clothesline, turn off power suckers around the house. I am spiritual but not religious. I try to make a small carbon footprint..as small as possible anyway." is verbatim my own. I home birthed and breastfed far longer than most thought necessary.
And the warning against "black arts" - yes, I want nothing to do with them.

As Alice said in Wonderland "Curiouser and curiouser" - and in more than one way. What all of you say is curious to me meaning different. And I in turn am curiouser - my interest is picqued. Feels good to think new thoughts.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
rathbone said:
I read through here and there are so many comments that strike me and I want to respond to and in the end, I have forgotten to address all of them.

But some things that stood out to me:
I giggled at "Paganism for dummies" - yes I need that one also.
Moxies self definition "I consider myself a "Green Hippy"...I refused to drink, smoke or do drugs...I have always recycled....I had my 3 children without a drugged childbirth and proceeded to nurse them all for over 6 months. I washed diapers, and cook from scratch for the most part. I use my clothesline, turn off power suckers around the house. I am spiritual but not religious. I try to make a small carbon footprint..as small as possible anyway." is verbatim my own. I home birthed and breastfed far longer than most thought necessary.
And the warning against "black arts" - yes, I want nothing to do with them.

As Alice said in Wonderland "Curiouser and curiouser" - and in more than one way. What all of you say is curious to me meaning different. And I in turn am curiouser - my interest is picqued. Feels good to think new thoughts.
<<<:frow waves @ rathbone; pssttt...shhh...I nursed my 3 children way past the 6 months...but I ain't tellin. Lemme just say...over the year mark..well, okay, the first one was 1.5....but he is 31 yrs old now and just fine as can be.

No to the black arts also. I don't diddle where I dare not dawdle....playing in the Black Arts...is not proven to be a safe place to be.