The Pagan Circle

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
hey folks,

sooo glad dawn419 mentioned this thread to me. i'm not on often enough to have found this on my own, had to use the search to figure out where it was even with the heads up. i'm on nights right now so i actually had time to read the entire thread, and i must say it's refreshing to find so many like minded folks.

britesea, love the list, i have to admit i'm a 23 on a harley, think mad max rather than monster truck :lol:

doc

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:hu Wondered where everybody got off to. It' been kinda quiet all over my net for a few days. Oh yeah, people must be getting ready for that turkey day.

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Kinda glad to see a circle around here. I've read the Bible, appreciate it, but it's not for me. I converted back in about 1987. Don't do much for Samhain anymore, no time, in the middle of switching between fall and winter. I watch the Moon, watched Jupiter conjunct it a few weeks ago, watch the stars, plant for the bees, the chickens, and for me. What I don't need goes on the compost pile and feeds the wild things, I just let the last of the sweet corn get harvested by them when I'd picked all I and my family could eat. I feed the birds, plant for the butterflies too, tons of butterflies cover my blue mistflower as they prepare to fly to Mexico.

Right now my woodstove smells warm and inviting, it's cold outside!

Yule is coming. This year I will have a yule log to save. A real one. Woohoo!

Technically I am a second degree Celtic-Sumerian, and a McFarland Dianic HPS. Practically - I've been solitaire since my divorce 10 years ago. I raised my kids Unitarian Universalist with a pagan circle at the 8 sabbats at church for many years. And I just got tired. The Goddess knows that candle is lit on the astral. With 3 dogs and 4 cats, it sure isn't safe to light one in my house!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Gypsi - Welcome! Glad you found this thread.
"Celtic-Sumerian" is a very interesting combination. I'd love to talk with you sometime. :)

I used to live with someone that was paranoid about candles burning unattended. Finally found a compromise they weren't scared about.
I put sand a few inches deep in a heavy ceramic pot. (It was big enough to put a gallon jug of milk inside.) Then I pushed a jar candle fairly deep into the sand. The sand absorbed heat so the candle couldn't make anything it was sitting on get hot. It also kept the candle from being able to fall over and burn anything, or make a waxy mess. There wasn't anything above it that could get hot either.

If you ever need to use one- it's an option.

Gonzo - It was good seeing you recently. I wasn't sure if I should bring that up when we saw you, since some people are in the broom closet- but blessed be.

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am very deep in the broom closet by the way. I own and run a small business. Have beautiful pagan bumper stickers, in file folders in the office.

Thanks for the firesafe tip. If I really need to light one they usually end up in my stainless steel kitchen sink. Or the bathtub. LOL

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Marianne said:
I'm pretty quiet about being pagan also. I live in an area that is pretty intolerant of faiths different than their own. :/
You sure aren't kidding there. I lived in Kansas for 13 years. They are intolerant of almost everything. No sense of humor either. Apologies if I offend any Kansans...I am from Missouri :duc

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've been in Texas since 1976. pagan since 1987. People were more tolerant in the late 1980's, early 1990's, although a pentagram could get you fired back then. Now you can wear one to work, but people are more afraid of differences I think. and the difficult economy makes it a very competitive world. When I took on my mortgage, I put away my jewelry. 9-11 occurred during my divorce, and a lot of fear, a lot more aggressive christianity seemed to rise then. They are good people, they are just afraid. I can't afford to lose customers over that fear.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh, understandable Gypsi. I moved to The Bible Belt South Carolina.....from Kansas. I have to at least resemble a >>cough-cough<< normal person..although I refuse to participate in church or politics. I am working on opening a business...and do not care to offend my new local potential customers. I am used to playing dumb. 911 occured during my divorce also...but I had a plate full of extenuating circumstances. During the divorce. It took all of 18 months for me to get it finalized.
I had moved to Kansas 2 years after ex got out of military. Had to tone down my sailors mouth ..a bit..because he went to work for a small town in city gov't. He was a city official , the town population was all of 5K. I didn't appreciate being the topic of every ones breakfast table. And, we were. He had an unpopular job. I chose to work out of town. I didn't want to hear at work, peoples opinions of the ex.... He did that 5 years, before I left him for a divorce.
I love it here in SC. I love my privacy and anonymity. I can blend in like everyone else.Well, kinda sorta...to a point. I respect peoples desire to participate in organized religion...I just choose not to. It is my Freedom, as an American. "Freedom Of Religion".