The Pagan Circle

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There is a UU in our county, but it's way over on the other side - about as far from us as you can get and still be in the same county. What I wanted was a local church so I would have an easier time getting to know our close neighbors.

by the way, you know how to terrorize a Unitarian? Burn a question mark on their front lawn! :lol:

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am interested in following this thread because I love to read what others are doing, and what they think. Cultures in and of themselves are fascinating to me.
I was raised in a way that every time one of you says pagan, or witchcraft, or tarot cards etc, I shudder and flinch. But I think that a lot of what I was raised to believe is not correct. I don't think I have the vaguest idea what any of this really means...which means I should educated myself. The one thing I am noticing more and more is that the more I look around, the more I realize that I am not alone in my thoughts...so I have no idea what commonalities we will have - but I bet there will be many.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Since I was upfront about being Pagan, but not Wiccan, maybe I should have asked permission to hang out here? :D

Yes, the media and some churches have put out negative viewpoints and movies about a wonderful group of people for many, many years . And there are many similarities! The Christians have the Golden Rule, we have the Wiccan Rede: "An' it harm none, Do what ye will".

I was raised Lutheran, spent 10 years studying different religions as a hobby..searching for something, but I didn't know it. It was a longing for a connection. Nothing felt right. One day I found Neo-Pagan on the internet. I was finally home! As a rule, Pagans don't try to convert anyone. Everyone is encouraged to find their own path. But even Pagans take slightly different paths.

And we appreciate so many things. Every night when I lock up my hens, I thank them for the eggs they gave me that day. I'm like Hillfarm, give me the earth that supports life to sustain me. Nature calms me, the wind blows the cobwebs from my mind...and there I go! Wandering again.

This is so much fun!

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm wiccan but I've been feeling somewhat pulled to the druidic. not sure how well that is going to work out though. I also feel a bit bad because I haven't done anything for my craft at all. I have started reading a couple books, and I need to start a journal for myself, but thats all I have at this point. *sigh* some days I think I'm a bad wiccan/druid

LilyD

Power Conserver
Reaction score
hillfarm said:
I like to consider recycling and composting and organic gardening all part of my "religion." I give to the earth what I take from her. I feed her my chicken's poo, i feed my hens back their shells. i dont throw more than the bare minium into the local dump. We reycle to the max. i dont use pesticides, except on the fire ants, because my husband is severely allergic, but I always ask for forgiveness. I tried every organic option, but nothing worked. I found I can give them areas of the yard that are low traffic. I then water them and give them a pot with dirt in the corner. As long as they stay there, we are all good. but they cant get where hubby has to be or its evil killing time. :somad

I have read tarot for years, but never for profit. My deck was handed down from Grandma. I believe they are pushing a good 50 years old. They are worn well and I trust them fully. Grandma taught me that if you use them they will turn on you. So I have never used the cards to profit. Just to help those with questions and to help me see things more clearly. We have had a good understanding.

I find a great deal of peace when I go to the forest and pray. i am a true tree hugger. I like the way the pure earth feels on my feet and in my nose. the smell, the power. Its calming to the soul.

When I feel out of whack. i find getting my hands in the dirt and tending a garden are more soothing and more spiritual than anything else i have ever known.
I think I am a like minded soul. I compost whatever I can and recycle locally what I can't. My father was Native American and taught us about using everything that the animal or plant gives us when we take it's life. Then we give back to the earth so it is an even exchange. Because of my Native American history I was able to connect with many of the ideas behind Wicca. They mirror each other perfectly. It's all about taking care of the earth that gave you life, taking only what you need and giving thanks that you have everything you need. You also celebrate the other bright souls that have graced your life and enriched it. For the most part I am a pacifist. I don't like creating or being a part of conflict. I love using things from the earth to keep my family healthy spiritually and physically. It just makes sense to me. If that makes any sense lol.

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My youngest is too cute. He likes to hand feed the hens and tell them that they are good girls, their eggs are so tastey. It's adorable. He digs up grubs and worms for them and feeds them. He was telling our favorite hen that she was going to eat a juicy worm and then make him an egg so he could grow up and raise her when Mom wasn't able. (He doesnt realize the hen's life span, but the thought was precious.)

My point in getting to talk and brag about my son, is that I think we teach our children the love of life. Respect for ALL life.

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
colowyo0809 said:
I'm wiccan but I've been feeling somewhat pulled to the druidic. not sure how well that is going to work out though. I also feel a bit bad because I haven't done anything for my craft at all. I have started reading a couple books, and I need to start a journal for myself, but thats all I have at this point. *sigh* some days I think I'm a bad wiccan/druid
No way you could ever be a bad wiccan or druid. You are on your journey. No one elses. This is a busy time for you.

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
LilyD said:
I think I am a like minded soul. I compost whatever I can and recycle locally what I can't. My father was Native American and taught us about using everything that the animal or plant gives us when we take it's life. Then we give back to the earth so it is an even exchange. Because of my Native American history I was able to connect with many of the ideas behind Wicca. They mirror each other perfectly. It's all about taking care of the earth that gave you life, taking only what you need and giving thanks that you have everything you need. You also celebrate the other bright souls that have graced your life and enriched it. For the most part I am a pacifist. I don't like creating or being a part of conflict. I love using things from the earth to keep my family healthy spiritually and physically. It just makes sense to me. If that makes any sense lol.
^exactly.
That makes all the sense in the world.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Has anyone explored their animal guide and their protector? I've always had a crow for my guide, coincidence my husbands clans symbol is a crow and his last name is crow?? My protector has always been an orange cat. I had a black horse for awhile, I got to meet him in real life, super cool.