The Pagan Circle

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hmmm...then I shall politely retract my post. I don't want to threaten the thread. But, very interesting stuff this. No offense meant to have been given.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Rathbone I replied w/o thinking, but I'm sure you can PM us with more questions!

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
There seems to have been some kind of change in the winds of sufficientself - I don't know what all - and I don't need to know. But I don't want to make any waves so; better safe than sorry.
I actually am quite impressed that this thread was approved. It means that minds are open to each person expressing themself...so I dearly hope that your thread is not closed and I wouldn't want to do anything to threaten it.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Makes sense :) I know I'm also a available by email or through fb, and a couple of these nice ladies are on there as well. Learning is always encouraged, judging is not.

(not that you are lol!)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WBF i cant say i "worship" the elements, more respect them as parts of the whole...without earth aire fire and water there would be no spirit, without spirit there would be no life on this earth, eat part plays a vital role to complete the cycle.
the moon and the earth are just pyhsical representations of the spirit...
i guess much the same way someone would look upon a cross or a crusifix.
In the end its all about "the whole", light dark, night and day, all parts of that whole.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love when people ask questions, because as I think out the answers, sometimes it clarifies and crystallizes something that has been floating around in my mind.

Wannabefree- I hope you come back occasionally and read what we are writing. Knowledge is the best way to avoid fear and prejudice. I remember reading something somewhere - maybe in some Buddhist writings? that there are many paths to the Truth. If you see similarities in many different religions, you can't help thinking that there must be a reason for that.

Rathbone-
Do you believe in multiple dieties? Or a head diety that caused all things to become? What I believe (can't answer for the others :p ) is that the multiple gods and goddesses are aspects of Deity. We are unable to truly connect with the totality that is Deity, so we have broken it up into smaller parts. Sort of like the Christian belief of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit- three different aspects of the One- and some Christians throw in Mary and the Saints as well. Many of the Goddess aspects are both loving and nurturing, and violent and destructive. Pele, the Hawaiian volcano goddess, comes to mind. We are primarily a Nature-based religion, and Nature can be nurturing, and destructive.

How did life begin? Hoo boy- now THAT'S a question! We don't have any body of writings that everyone believes in, so this is kind of left up to each individual to answer or not as they see fit. I have never seen any problem with the idea of evolution. I did read something once about the beginning of ALL was the birthing cry- thought that was kind of interesting.

Do you believe that things like trees, moon etc. have spirits, or are alive, or are guiding you - and if so how? Another good question. I do believe that everything has an energy field, but I'm not too sure about them guiding me. It's more like observing and meditating on their qualities can open up ideas in yourself. Of course, there was the time when I was hiking through the woods viewing the damage from some particularly bad winter storms and came across an uprooted tree in the river- that had a face coming out of it; and the face showed agony as well. Very unnerving.

Do you pray? Who is listening to you? many witches use magic and create spells, which is very similar to prayer. Magic is NOT like what you've seen in Hollywood. It's a natural thing, using naturally occurring energies, and works in natural ways- so lots of people don't recognize it as magic. I read that "Magic works as fast as a tree grows". If you flip a switch, and a lightbulb starts glowing, I say it is magic. You call it electricity, and can explain all about current and resistors, and magnets, and transformers. But when it comes right down to it- can you really tell me WHAT electricity is? and WHY it exists? Our bodies run on electricity- your hands are slightly polarized, which is why you can rub your temples and make a headache go away. Magic! lol

Do you believe in fate, destiny, divine life-plan? Or are you and you alone responsible for your path in life? Again, I can only answer for myself. I believe that our souls are reborn again and again. Each time, the soul itself chooses what circumstances it will be born into. The goal is to experience every human condition; only by doing so do we become truly enlightened and compassionate. So in one life, you might be abused; in another, the abuser. Rich, poor, male, female, disabled, healthy. Eventually the soul will have gone through all conditions and evolve to the next step. I don't know what that next step may be. Maybe that's what really happened to the dinosaurs? lol

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Britesea: do you see images in everyday things? I'm always turning around in my shower only to see stuff on the door pane. Sometimes it's death/depressing/etc :/

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yes BriteSea -very beautifully worded. And a lot of food for thought.

And may I say again that I see so many commonalities:
An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Do these two say exactly the same thing? No, but very similar still.

I often laugh and say "Can't we all just try to get along?" But I am very serious. Hopefully ALL of us here on sufficient self will endeavor to understand one another and if unable to understand...tolerate. There is no reason we cannot all co-exist peacefully.