The Pagan Circle

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
First we are a western culture with a Christian background. So Christianity is all through out or lives. If I was in the Middle East Islam and so on. Break all that down what if there was no organized religion or someone telling you what to believe?? Most can't think this or imagine what if?? Some of us have and do. I have walked the world many times at many time periods so I can understand why people think and believe the way they do. I believe there is a GOD. Maybe not your GOD or there GOD but my GOD. I have not created my GOD to suit my wants in this world. I have used what he/she has created in front of me now and before to live a whole life. I use he/shes science and religion that I try and understand to live that whole life. Shamanism was the first religion. They saw things that other did not during there begingings. I will not go into more details on this topic right now.

This is why I have followed the Celtic path more than others because this path was last tainted by the Christian faith. Can you imagine what the highland of the U.K. would be like today if the Roman Empire didn't expand there??? Great composting!! ( some will get this and many won't)

We have the luxury of books and a long history now to see past what once was unknown, but there is still a lot of unknowns with Magic/Science. :cool:

I for one have used this Magic/Science many many times and personally know it works. My GOD and others have gifted me and many others. Other religions have answers for this and they are no real difference but how we use them and inhance those powers/crafts

Personal belief!!! Blessed Be and Merry Meet!

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
In the dark I can focus a lot better on my light than I can during the day. The sun is selfish but we know that light is warm, soothing and helps break up the dark. Darkness does allow a lot of bad things to come closer to us. ( thieves/demons to some) I for one am willing to go into the dark and fight these bad things with the right tools and with the right training ( rituals, training). I like my tools and I take care of my tools. Like swords, knives, guns in today's world and so on. All my tools mean something to me just like in the army all my gear ment something to me ( MY LIFE). I took and take of my gear and tools the same way. I know I'm nuts and crazy!! :)

I am a son of a seventh son of a seventh son. All my grandmothers where practicers. One was a country witch and the other was a city witch. They knew nothing about each others ways but I grew up seeing and partaking in these traditions. My country Nana would always talk about the fairy people. When ever we played in the yard she would always tell us not to disturb the fairy mounds. EHHH the spark was planted. What is a fairy mound Nana??? :)

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ok. Let me try to splain the tarot cards. ....

i have spent my entire life respecting them as a source of interpertation from the spiritual.

Meaning I understood them to be like a Christian views his preacher or his bible. tools provided by the creator to communicate.

I dont fear the cards. i respect them. they arent ever used for anything cruel or sinister. I cleanse them in sage and patchouli under the moon cycles depending.

I do not use them for profit. Much like the bible says a false profit (IMO aka a paid preacher) uses the bible to profit in sharing its information. Especially back in the day when many were illiterate.

Much of the pagan traditional religious items were banned by the King as wicked and demonic to control the Pagans. A witch has a bad rep even today, because of this. I am a proud green witch. I read tarot to help others understand what is really happening. If a woman comes to me with a concern over her hubby, I ask the cards for insight. typically they will be right to the point and say the woman is being insecure, and other times it will say to question why she is tolerating the mistreatment from the man. So yes, it will answer yes or not but it is more likely to be more sensitive to the questioner and suggest personal healing. I had a reading where i was directed and redirected to push why she was asking about his infedelity when hers is what showed. She broke down and admitted it. The cards then asked her why she would stay with someone who wasnt her right fit.

Now I have read my whole life, with instruction handed down from my Gma. she learned from hers. You learn to listen to the voice that comes with the work. I never felt it was evil or demonic. It has never mislead or lied to me ever. It has helped me see much of my own personal faults, when I was being proud or arrogant.

Pagan ways are genetic predispositions, IMO. Meaning it is a part of our genetics for many of us. King James felt a need to control and change and convert us in order to gain church members. I also believe that is why there is the whole firey hell and damnation. I have never needed a threat to do the right thing. Every child wants to please. Threats were just a way to make those of us conform and pay tithe to the king. It was also a way to demonize our nature.

Christianity demands monogamy and lifetime relationships. Pagans felt marriage could be tried for a year then unbound if it was wrong. saved a lot of divorce lawyer mess if you ask me. LOL. But the reasoning for lifetime marriage and virginity at marriage was to create large families that were creating members for the church.
Seems it made for a lot of misery and made woman into chattle. BUT pagans saw women for the powerful beings they are.

The woman is controlled by the moon. My cycles always sync with the new moon. Almost all women have a cycle very similar to the moon. So women are aware of its power and show it respect for its role. I personally believe in a creator, a mother of us all. I think she is the earth, moon and sun. She is the dirt that grows my food, the food I ingest, the womb that birthed my children and so on. Creation is in us all. It can be respected and honored or mistreated.

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
THEFAN said:
In the dark I can focus a lot better on my light than I can during the day. The sun is selfish but we know that light is warm, soothing and helps break up the dark. Darkness does allow a lot of bad things to come closer to us. ( thieves/demons to some) I for one am willing to go into the dark and fight these bad things with the right tools and with the right training ( rituals, training). I like my tools and I take care of my tools. Like swords, knives, guns in today's world and so on. All my tools mean something to me just like in the army all my gear ment something to me ( MY LIFE). I took and take of my gear and tools the same way. I know I'm nuts and crazy!! :)

I am a son of a seventh son of a seventh son. All my grandmothers where practicers. One was a country witch and the other was a city witch. They knew nothing about each others ways but I grew up seeing and partaking in these traditions. My country Nana would always talk about the fairy people. When ever we played in the yard she would always tell us not to disturb the fairy mounds. EHHH the spark was planted. What is a fairy mound Nana??? :)
My children have been awed by the fairy circles. The mushroom circles. We also make them doors and bring them treats to the trees and so on. As an adult, I rationalize that the food is eaten by squirells, but in my heart I want to believe the fey have had a feast.

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
For us the youngest daughter of the youngest daughter seemed to have the touch. With the oldest daughter of the same mother tends to be cruel or dark. We all have a bit of a sense, just the youngest use it for good and the oldest tend to use it for wrong. If that makes sense.

My mom's oldest sister was a bitter cruel woman who abused and mistreated and used everyone, much like my oldest sister and my oldest daughter.

I tend to be a earthy type as was gma, mom and my youngest girl. Mom says it was true of gmas sisters and so on. It was rarely admitted to pass to the men but they didnt question the views.

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hillfarm said:
THEFAN said:

My children have been awed by the fairy circles. The mushroom circles. We also make them doors and bring them treats to the trees and so on. As an adult, I rationalize that the food is eaten by squirells, but in my heart I want to believe the fey have had a feast.
Very nice. Sidhe!! O it is so nice to actually write and share with others. It's been a while. Thank you all. :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Thanks hillfarm. I believe creation is in us all as well, but for different reasons obviously, and worship monotheistically. I choose to worship the Creator rather than any of the creation because I feel very strongly that the Creator is the key to the personal relationship with the higher power. The creation to me is secondary, honorable, and honored, but not worshipped if that makes sense. My belief system is firm in that the Creator is held to a higher respect so to speak, but the creation is respected because of it's origin from the power of the Creator.

I don't believe in fairies either, nor past lives, so where does that stem from?

My own personal experience/background I am about half native american and half Heinz 57, so am familiar with many beliefs. I believed in God before ever having been introduced. I have prayed longer than I can remember and looooooong before I was ever in church or exposed to any form of organized religion. That's where my faith comes from, it's one of those things I have just always known, without having been told or taught. I can't recall at what point in my childhood I was actually introduced to religion and church as I know it now, but it was as a young teen, maybe preteen, and I remember praying to God as a small small child maybe 7 or so I can remember one prayer distinctly, but it wasn't like it was new to me even then. :hu Thus my faith.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
to me the night has more power simply because thats when i feel better connected to the energy that is "the diety" (i gues thats the best way to explain it)
the barrier between the worlds is thinnest as the sun falls and the moon rises.
the moon also represents a feminine energy, ive found as a woman a stronger connection to the moon, most male practitioners i know seem to have a stronger connection to the sun (which is a masculine energy).
i dont "worship" the moon as such, more respect the moon as 1 facet of a greater universal energy. the sun is another "face".
there all just parts of a whole, but the moon has her own sway on the world, especially natrual cycles that its just a strong focus in my personal workings. my animal spirit guides are also noctournal so that probably plays a part too.

to me looking upon the moon would be i guess like someone looking upon a cross or crusifix, its a symbol...one which has a strng power all of her own, but part of a whole universal being.

in terms of the cards...there tools...
the universe feeds the human the energy, the cards are simply a tool that can be used to translate the messages from "energy" to something a little more easily read.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wanna- we are all definentely drawn, at a young, untouched age to our given paths :) I've never believed in the catholic or Christian teachings, that's what religion I grew up in. I respect it now as a (growing) wiser adult, but my path is different.

To touch on where power comes from, everything has an energy. Hence Quails sickness with that stone. Some can feel it, some can't, some have a bigger vibe, some don't. I "charge" crystals (which are neutral) next to an energy source like certain incenses or candles (that aren't synthetic.)

On an interesting note, I can't be anywhere near dragons blood (incense), I get a bad, bad, sick feeling.