The Pagan Circle

LittleRoosterCroft

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Happy Imbolc to those who celebrate. It was nice to have the holiday so close to the full moon and it was a gorgeous one here last night.

I was wondering, are there others on the list that thank the land spirits? leave them offerings? In my tradition we call the land spirits landvaettir or Alfar, one being general spirits of the land the other being ancestral spirits of the land. Since it was a full moon last night (and near to Imbolc) I left out honey and milk in thanks and prayer for the safety of the land and my animals.

- Kitty

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol the problem with pagans, we get so side tracked with the physical stuff we tend to forget about checking threads regularly lol

iactualy do leave an offering, every full moon, what it will be is anyones guess, sometimes its something cool i found when andeirng, othertimes itll be something i cooked, ect...helps appease the mixcheif makers :)

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My last offering was rather large, but I do admire and tell the blue heron just how handsome he is. I also put fencing and netting over my pond. He got about 35 6 inch koi and oh, 50 or 60 large goldfish before I discovered his predation.

He is such a majestic bird. I got a couple of pics of him, but none close enough to really do him justice. Keep hoping my neighbor will get a shot. (with his camera)

I feed many wild birds daily, most of them black sunflower seeds and chicken scratch. I offer refuge to many wild things, and plant things they like to eat. So rather than a monthly offering, my lifestyle is an offering.

Gypsi

dfr1973

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It's been a while since I posted in here, but today felt inspired to look up the Nine Noble Virtues ... and am glad I did. Here's what popped up:
Courage Truth Honour

Fidelity Discipline Hospitality

Self-reliance Industriousness Perseverence
source page

I do believe I like this version best. On the same site, I found a poem for them here and thought to share.

I feel the beginning of some crafting (and Crafting) inspiration stirring!

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a question about marriage, hoping maybe someone in this thread would be able to help...

SO and I are not religious in any sense, but I guess would identify more with pagan/celtic roots than anything else. We plan to get married within the next year or two, but I don't want to have a traditional ceremony... what I'm trying to do is find someone willing to perform a handfasting ceremony, but I don't even know where to look or what to look for.

Does anyone have tips on the actual ceremony, and how to find someone to actually perform it?

redhen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hwillm1977 said:
I have a question about marriage, hoping maybe someone in this thread would be able to help...

SO and I are not religious in any sense, but I guess would identify more with pagan/celtic roots than anything else. We plan to get married within the next year or two, but I don't want to have a traditional ceremony... what I'm trying to do is find someone willing to perform a handfasting ceremony, but I don't even know where to look or what to look for.

Does anyone have tips on the actual ceremony, and how to find someone to actually perform it?
Do you have a local "coven" in your area?? Maybe they'll do it.. if you go talk to them and describe what you are looking for..

I'm not religious either,. and didnt want a church wedding,.. but i DID use a justice of the peace, so we were "legally" married... we made up our own vows and ceremony and the lady was more than willing to do what we asked.. :)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
to legally perform your ceremony take a look for an ordaned miniister from the universal life church
alot of people who go thorugh their program are pagan of some tradition and do this specifically so they can not only perform the ceremony but so it is official in the eyes of the law (as opposed to having a unordained pagan preist or preistess do it and not officially be married on the legal sence...

http://www.themonastery.org/wedding-officiants
should take you to the find a minister page lol.

both of my sets of frineds who were married in th past 5 years both used a ULC minister (who happend to actually also be a friend), couple #1 had a combination marriage, both their families are religious so they wanted a more formal occasion, but shes pagan and hes "not sure" and both liked the idea of a traditional hand fasting style with the traditional hand tieing and jumping the broom, so they had it at a nice country club, she wore white but rennaisance style garb, myself and our guitar playing frined sag them down the isle, the ULC minister put in different aspects of the traditional for the parnts and the pagan for them as was prediscussed and it was beautiful...and everyone was happy

couple number 2 had their wedding in a big old faux castle, ren faire style, both in ren garb but more of a "fun" ceremony, there was nothign traditional about it beyond the words...it was a little too much for me as shed aranged for a sword fight mid "anyone object" and had the minister make them update their facebook relationship statuses befor he could kiss the bride....
while not my style, it was 100% them and what they wanted and thy couldnt have done that with a traitional minsister so im ULC all the way lol.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
magical gardens anyone?

was wondering if anyone had an area of their plantings specifically set aside for magical plantings and a pagan garden...
not nessicarily all usable herbs, but more a special garden space with a pagan style that you use for medatating, ceremony ect?
woudl lvoe to see your special spaces.