the pleasures of cold weather dishwashing

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Is it just me, or do other people likewise ENJOY handwashing dishes now and for the next six months or so, on account of you get to stand there with your hands in nice WARM WARM OOOO WARM! water for a while? Mmmmm :)

My husband thinks I'm nuts.

Pat

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Lol--my dishwasher doesn't work well, so I have been washing dishes by hand in this house. I told hubby I didn't want a new one, b/c I like doing it in the winter, and I'll get the kids to do it in the summer.

Yeah, I like hand washing the dishes in cold weather. :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I don't have a dishwasher, so I always wash by hand, and I agree it is much more enjoyable in the winter. I hate it though when I put my hands in the warm water and instantly have to go pee LOL

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I like it too. When we have a large family gathering (read:stress city) I always try to get on dish duty. I find it very relaxing.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Too funny! I went up into the attic today and brought down my dish drainer and mat. We usually use the dishwasher but I wanted to do some by hand! My son was asking to help and he can do it for a Cub Scout thingamabob so I thought that was the reason I got it down! Maybe I was reading your mind!

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
poppycat said:
I like it too. When we have a large family gathering (read:stress city) I always try to get on dish duty. I find it very relaxing.
Funny! That's a tradition at big family dinners for my family. Even though everyone (besides me! :() has a dishwasher, the family does dishes together.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
poppycat said:
Funny! That's a tradition at big family dinners for my family. Even though everyone (besides me! :() has a dishwasher, the family does dishes together.
It's very social when we all do the dishes together. It's also nice when everyone comes to your house. They don't leave a huge mess when they leave.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
We don't have a dishwasher. I actually like hand washing dishes....

Although a bit hard to see through the screen, here is the view outside my kitchen window May through October... minus the Saturn...

7-15-08hummersa.jpg

7-15-08hummersc.jpg

7-15-08hummersd.jpg

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Is it just me, or do other people likewise ENJOY handwashing dishes...

Pat
Washing dishes by hand? Is that even allowed? I thought that there was a Federal law or something...

Women are weird! :D

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
patandchickens said:
Is it just me, or do other people likewise ENJOY handwashing dishes...

Pat
Washing dishes by hand? Is that even allowed? I thought that there was a Federal law or something...

Women are weird! :D
All right!!! You're on dish duty starting tomorrow!! :old :gig