the pleasures of cold weather dishwashing

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No, no a thousand times no! Beatings all around. I can't have you all spreading those lies.

(however, putting a good lotion on your hands and wearing the rubber gloves and washing in really hot water is great for grubby old winter paws.)

Cassandra

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
patandchickens said:
Is it just me, or do other people likewise ENJOY handwashing dishes...

Pat
Washing dishes by hand? Is that even allowed? I thought that there was a Federal law or something...

Women are weird! :D
As well as LIKING to hand wash dishes, Women are also known to check the weather before hooking the boat to the truck! ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I rarely use the dishwasher. Just Tony me and Nicole so why bother.

YES I like the OOh SOOo Warm water also! As much as I enjoy that warm water though, I do want to get them done fast.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
poppycat said:
curly_kate said:
poppycat said:
I like it too. When we have a large family gathering (read:stress city) I always try to get on dish duty. I find it very relaxing.
Funny! That's a tradition at big family dinners for my family. Even though everyone (besides me! :() has a dishwasher, the family does dishes together.
It's very social when we all do the dishes together. It's also nice when everyone comes to your house. They don't leave a huge mess when they leave.
Huh, at our family gatherings, it's always a fight to get the dishes done. :rant

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
HAHA my dh and I check the weather to see when the ducks and geese will be moving :) I like handwashing dishes but when I don't feel like I have my kids do it hehe

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
chicknwhisperer said:
HAHA my dh and I check the weather to see when the ducks and geese will be moving :) I like handwashing dishes but when I don't feel like I have my kids do it hehe
When my siblings and I were growing up (mid-late 50's to late 70's), my dad always said he had 5 dishwashers already, so he wasn't going to purchase one that required electricity! :lol:

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
the simple life said:
I have never owned a dishwasher so have always done the dishes by hand, never thought about the winter versus summer thing though, I guess its all the same to me.
then either your house is warmer than mine or your hands are less arthritic <vbg>

I look at it as "cold hands spend ten minutes in the spa hot-tub" :)

Pat

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Hmm, the only thing I notice is that if my hands are really cold and then I put them in warm or hot water it feels like pins and needles and is really uncomfortable to me.

Helena

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I tend to put off doing dishes. But, then the warm water feels so soothing, that I've started doing smaller batches more often.