The REAL FOOD recipe thread

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
You may be able to tolerate lacto-fermented flour or sprouted wheat flour. You need to borrow WZ's copy of Nourishing Traditions! :D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
So should I have her read nourishing traditions first or Wild Fermentation? :D

We were chatting today about beans. They are not kind to Abi. I was telling her about soaking with whey, soaking with pickling lime and that thing we read about wood ash a while back.

I bet if they were soaked properly she would do great.

As for the green bean casserole....hummmm....
I like fried onions, but they wont be crunchy.

Think think think...

AH! The purpose of those little fried onion things it to add crunch, sweetness, and a bit of savory. You might be able to get the same effect by grating a sweet potato seasoned with onion powder and frying. The trick is figuring out at what point to pull them out of the oil. They will cook more once they are on top of the casserole. I would err on the side of a little too cooked.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Probably NT first. Abi, you can't expect your auntie to be without BOTH of her fermenting books AT THE SAME TIME! :th

It's just wrong.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yeah! LOL

I am kidnapping her for a couple of days in a few weeks. We can arm wrestle for the books then :D

I have totally forgotten about my batch of pyment so I am going to rack it as soon as son gets on the bus. Hopefully I didn't mess it up!
:fl