The View Out My Kitchen Window

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't sound too corny.But I just love the view out my kitchen window,as I look out now I see the dogs laying on the patio sucking up the last bit of warmth that the sun provided today.Then I look beyond the back yard fence to our small pasture, which has my girls(chickens)free rangeing in it. Then to my little goat herd,so sweet milling around nibbling new spring grass.
Next is my little holding pen that now houses my new milk goat and her twins, who are running and bounceing about.
On to the bigger pasture, that at this time is the home to our one and only steer(T-bone on the hoof).:drool
There's also the hay barn and garden area.
Its nothing fancy,but it's home and this scene warms my heart.:love

So what the view from your kitchen window?

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Out of my kitchen window...is the clothes line, behind it, the tree line with thin woods, and the neighbors horse pasture behind that. LOL. If I lean in and tilt my head slight to the left, my new raised beds that are half finished and the swing set. A little further left, the new chicken coop that is a quarter finished, and lots of dead grass with little bits of green lightly sprinkled around.

I love the view out of my kitchen window too, but I love it more while I'm out there in it.

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
gettin-I agree that being out in the view(does that make sense?)lol is great

But there is just a peace that comes over me when at the end of the day I can look out and exhale.

All in right in my world

for now lol

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Looking out my kitchen window...the back yard with nothing more than a clothsline..and wooden/wire fence. Then...the woods. Its not a HUGH woods, 3 acres...but its ours! :) To the right is our small pond...surrounded by PinOak Willow, that are just starting to get thier pussywillows. :love To the left...well...the new septic. It might not be a "good sight" for some, but we just got it put in, and to me, it means no more overflowing crud in the yard! Woohoo!! LOVE that sight!:D

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It doesn't sound corny at all . . .

The view out my kitchen window is usually the dog laying out at the edge of the woods in the sun. The spot where we have been having bon fires - with the stuff we are clearing out of the woods. To the left you can see the clothes line, the swingset and the toys that the boys and the dogs have stewn across the yard. The best thing about the view is the peacefulness of it. Everyday when I drive home - 45 minutes to an hour from the city - the closer I get to home the more peaceful and happy I feel.

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just= beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.;)
and Iam betting a new septic would look good to alot of people.

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Right TT, my drive isn't that long just 20 miles, but it is my de-stress time and getting home is so peaceful.No matter what is going on at home-theres no place like it.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
deb4o said:
Just= beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.;)
and Iam betting a new septic would look good to alot of people.
Deb, you got that right!! I would much rather see a torn up yard...knowing thre is a reliable septic under all that mud...than see...well...sludge. Hubby and I used to always kid each other when it started to warm up...you could smell the septic. We would say...Ahhh, the septic is in bloom! :sick Hopeing those days are over with!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
The view from our kitchen window is the path between the house and the garage and the doorway to what we call the bar. It once was a patio, FIL enclosed it in the 70's and put a complete bar in. It is big enough to have some great parties.
It is not a great view these days. We used to have a purple bouganvilla vine growing around the door, and when that was in bloom it was spectacular. We have some hanging plants that are looking a bit sad at the moment. I like it when I can see the house sparrows working on their nests. They have built one nest in the corner above the kitchen window. In a few months, the potted plants will look better and maybe we will have found someting to climb up the dead bouganvilla stick.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Picture361.jpg

Just down the street is a fire station, a little further an ambulance barn. Three retirement homes to the north, which keep the ambulances busy. My favorite ambulance is the one that plays three different sirens at the same time so you think the entire army is coming.