The View Out My Kitchen Window

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Ldychef2k/Picture361.jpg

Just down the street is a fire station, a little further an ambulance barn. Three retirement homes to the north, which keep the ambulances busy. My favorite ambulance is the one that plays three different sirens at the same time so you think the entire army is coming.
lol we used to live behind a mall that was across the street from a nursing home. you always knew someone was dead if the ambulance played several sirens in a row.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:

Just down the street is a fire station, a little further an ambulance barn. Three retirement homes to the north, which keep the ambulances busy. My favorite ambulance is the one that plays three different sirens at the same time so you think the entire army is coming.
Oh my. You got it worse than we do :lol:
We are in between an old folks home and the firestation also. And we are in a "bad" neighborhood so the sheriff's helicopter keeps doing flyovers and circling us, scaring the pants off the chickens and annoying the $%@& out of us. Isn't it fun living in civilization? :lol:

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aw, FarmerDenise, we get the helicopters too! When we lived in town the pot-copter used to go over my house all the time flashing its big beam on the huge honeysuckle outside my bedroom window. Its like they forgot it was a honeysuckle every single time they went over LOL they even came round once and asked to look at it!

Out here we get copters going over all the time, being close to the Trenton army base, its kind of what you have to deal with. Once this enormous army plane came over the property but was flying really low and almost looked like it would crash into my brothers bedroom window at one point. It was night, and I woke up to this huge roar and looked out the window to see undercarriage lights!!!!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Out my kitchen window I can see the muddy backyard, my Reliance grape arbor and the huge side of my neighbors house.

Still I love my new sliding window that is up high, at eye level, on the wall above my commercial sink. It lets lots of light in that West view, which is great for my sweet potato plants growing there and I can hear the hens singing and some robins if I open the window and listen.

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That makes total sense!

I understand what you mean when you say you feel peaceful when you look out of your kitchen window. I feel the same way when I sit quitely with my husband.

When I look out of my kitchen window (and lean to the left, lol) I feel anticipation. I'm so excited about the things out of my kitchen window!!!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
Ldychef2k said:

lol we used to live behind a mall that was across the street from a nursing home. you always knew someone was dead if the ambulance played several sirens in a row.
When my daughter was in high school, she began to notice that the ambulances would turn north every morning about 9 AM. She would say "Looks like someone didn't make it to breakfast this morning."

I raised her very badly.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I really love looking at my back yard from a chair on the patio after spending five hours in the garden!!!

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
My kitchen window- not too much. My front porch and the parked cars and the driveway. Although, when the house wren nests on our porch light, I love standing there and watching her and the babies. We also have a robin family that comes back every year and nests on the porch eaves.

My living room window view is my favorite- looking down the hill at the horses and across the yard to the chickens.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Val....I love your coop!

Out my kitchen window is the side yard with my little chicken coop.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
It's our chicken fortress! With 4 strands of electric on top to keep out raccoons and other climbers. We really only need to worry about hawks and airborne attacks :)