The xXx Gloom & Doom Report

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'll never fill the shoes of the former posters of this thread, but I'll add this:

* This week we passed the $15,000,000,000,000 debt limt. :hit

* I had to start buying eggs a few months ago, after my hens stopped laying. Two weeks ago, the brand I buy was $2.28/doz; this week they're $2.98/doz. :somad

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
I'll never fill the shoes of the former posters of this thread, but I'll add this:

* This week we passed the $15,000,000,000,000 debt limt. :hit

* I had to start buying eggs a few months ago, after my hens stopped laying. Two weeks ago, the brand I buy was $2.28/doz; this week they're $2.98/doz. :somad
YUP doesn't that just burn your butt literally buying something and the next week up .10, the following up .20 then again, it then goes up another .30 the next week. I see it constantly in the store and truly it just makes me not put it in the cart :p :p

To everyone------learn to do it cheaply cause anything made for you will only increase!!!! ;)

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Now that is funny. The local store has large whites on sale at 99c/doz if you buy 2. You do know that natural chickens always cut back production when the days get short. Factory chickens they just fool with the lights.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
~gd said:
Now that is funny. The local store has large whites on sale at 99c/doz if you buy 2. You do know that natural chickens always cut back production when the days get short. Factory chickens they just fool with the lights.
Someone needs to inform my chickens, they've actually upped production in time for the holidays :D I am so proud!!!

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
~gd said:
No, unfortunately I think they're in menopause; I run a chicken retirement home now. :/ New batch planned for spring.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
~gd said:
Someone needs to inform my chickens, they've actually upped production in time for the holidays :D I am so proud!!!
Mine as well, they have picked up here too!

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I thought I would add this, regarding the budget deficit, because I'm not a trained economist & I thought this (if true) helps put things in perspective.

Our local newscast reported that if the federal budget was boiled down to a family household level, it would be equivalent to the following: A household with an income of $21,000/year spends $35,000/year, going into debt $14,000/year. The Supercommittee had the task of finding cuts of $380 from the family budget.

:th :ep :barnie :duc