The xXx Gloom & Doom Report

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is absolutely important to band together for protection especially. If you are a typical family of 2 adults and a few kids, there is no way you can mount 24/7 sentry duty if that turns out to be necessary. You'll never see the bullet that hits you from behind while you're picking apples.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I said this before.

I am farmer. I band with farmers. We think alot alike and protect what we own.

Absolutely it is best to have a peer group with knowledge, balls, and tons more to bring to the table! :)

everyone must find this type of group. Lordy don't be in the 'we fight to take from you' group :barnie

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Out here we halve the SSS POLICY. Shoot, shovel, shut-up.
We like to keep it simple. If it ain't yours don't touch it.

My farm is protected by Ruger and G*d.
If you come here uninvited, expecting to take something that isn't yours,you'll meet them both.

:smack
Trim sends
//BT//

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:thumbsup :bun

if we all lived near each other, our group would be darn near impossible to crush! :)

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I want to get some razor wire, but DH looked at me like I'm nuts (nuttier?) when I brought it up. Too obvious, I guess. :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
razor wire :bow

you are a bit worse than me lol

edjanuary39

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Razor wire is a great idea! I dont want it up now, b/c the dear jump the fence, but its worth having a bunch of for when the time comes to put it up! But I would be furious if someone had wire cutters and cut it to get through! So we'll have to be pretty creative!just a heads up im in Oklahoma 30 minutes from Tulsa, so if your close we can band together! At least share info! I told my husband last night we need to keep an eye out for a ham radio, so we will have some kind of communication with the world- won't be getting paper anymore!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
As invasive as it is - Bamboo is cheap - makes a great fence - especially if you spear cut your first line of defense stalks to ground level.
They will go right through your foot when stepped on. I will admit this is a little gruesome - but - it also works for those of you who are looking for a first line of defense.

edjanuary39

Power Conserver
Reaction score
That is a great idea! We actually have bamboo growing down by the lake! May not be the right kind but bamboo is bamboo right? The sad thing is that so many people don't want to think about the real consequences of this country's decisions. While I may not be directly to blame- I certainly wasn't involved enough. Up until recently, I shrugged off the doomsday-ers, what happens will happen mentality. But I wouldn't survive, its going to take planning and b/c of the planning we will be a big target, so defense is going to be vital. Old and outdated literature is suddenly going to make a come back, we will have power, or death over it. Neither of which I really care to have. But in survival, power is life.