The xXx Gloom & Doom Report

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Do you think this would be a good idea?
Sure. I don't have a lot, but I pick up a roll here and there. I take post 1964 quarters, dimes, and pennies made after 1982 and toss those in a bag. When the bag gets full I turn them in for nickles. The other change has actual value to it (due to metal content) so i save those too.

check out www.coinflation.com

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Do you think this would be a good idea?
Sure. I don't have a lot, but I pick up a roll here and there. I take post 1964 quarters, dimes, and pennies made after 1982 and toss those in a bag. When the bag gets full I turn them in for nickles. The other change has actual value to it (due to metal content) so i save those too.

check out www.coinflation.com
and besides, even if the market collapses and you can't do anything with those nickels because you don't have a forge, you can put them in socks and make home security weapons! :D

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
On a more serious note here....I'm not trying to turn this into a 'religious' discussion here, just addressing one particular point that just happens to be about religion........

THEFAN said:
framing fowl said:
THEFAN said:
I am seeing our community groups starting to disband or on the verg. Not good.
What sort of community groups -can you give a couple of examples?
Our Grange is on te verg of collapse. They are getting ready to sell there building to try and stay as a group.
A couple church groups are disbanding due to age and no interest
There's a lady's group also broke up.

Some of our best fund raisers for scholarships at our summer events got done this year. Not enough people interested in running it. :( We are a small island too.

I will get back to you with others that were mentioned at one of meetings a few weeks ago

I am a grange member and one of the yougest one. There is no new blood and the elders can't do it all anymore. The average age is 65 in most of these groups. I find the youth is disconnected from community and it's all about me. Not good not good at all. I find Morris Berman expalins it pretty good in his book Dark Age America.
At my church, our pastor has been hosting a 'discussion group' and the topic was about 'changes within the Church' (church meaning Christianity as a whole). He has pointed out that many churches are closing due to lack of interest of participation. Not that people don't still believe, but they aren't going to specific buildings. Church memberships are the same as a hundred or more years ago, but population is way up so the percentage of churchgoers is way down. (I hope that makes sense) Anyway, there are many changes going on in the Church and how people respond & it's been said that Christianity is on the verge of some major changes not seen since the Great Reformation.
Also mentioned that China is the worlds largest Christian population even though they worship in secret because of the political & government opposition.

Just saying, now back to the world economy, civil unrest, politics & whatever floats your boat :D

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Or stack the rolls and use them as bunker armor :D

it's been said that Christianity is on the verge of some major changes not seen since the Great Reformation.
Creeping progressivism may have something to do with this.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
or you could build a new type of rifle that shoots rolls of nickels!
Umm...hello! Resident Evil! But Alice was using quarters in her zombie killers
72.gif