The xXx Gloom & Doom Report

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
colowyo0809 said:
This isn't really a gloom and doom thing from the standpoint of the national or global economy, but if this happens in one state, what happens if it happens in all states?

New State Immigration Law
I'm guessing employers will have to increase the wages offered to entice people to apply for the jobs. Wages have to be higher than what people make on unemployment or most won't get off their butts. :/ :hide

Tractor girl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm glad this thread got started, and I will be following the discussion with interest.
I had been reading a book on When the silk hits the fan, and I have come to the conclusion that despite my keeping a continuous supply of extra food (a lot of extra canned/bottled, etc.) around, it will not be enough.
I think that things will go south (no offense meant to those actually in the south) in a big way. I don't really believe in the whole 2012 hype, but with the way the world economy, and the mind set of many of the people is, it is going to be very unpleasant, soon. I don't know if it will be in a month, or six, or several years, but I just have this feeling that we are hovering on the edge of the abyss. I live in town, though on the edge of a canyon, and am fervently wishing I lived further out, off a dirt road in the middle of nowhere.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
colowyo0809 said:
This isn't really a gloom and doom thing from the standpoint of the national or global economy, but if this happens in one state, what happens if it happens in all states?

I'm guessing employers will have to increase the wages offered to entice people to apply for the jobs. Wages have to be higher than what people make on unemployment or most won't get off their butts. :/ :hide
true, but then that leads to other issues. if they have to pay a higher wage to entice those workers, then they will in turn have to raise their prices when they sell their crops. Higher prices for the crops means that it will be higher prices in the grocery store. It is a trickle effect with serious repercussions.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
I recently bought a cookbook with recipes from the Depression era (in WI) plus lots of personal stories sprinkled throughout. Very interesting.

For example, several stories relate that they had a cow, but were only allowed the cream it provided rarely, as it had to be sold to buy things they needed. Same with chickens/eggs. The animals were just a means to pay their bills, not necessarily a food source.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
colowyo0809 said:
i_am2bz said:
colowyo0809 said:

true, but then that leads to other issues. if they have to pay a higher wage to entice those workers, then they will in turn have to raise their prices when they sell their crops. Higher prices for the crops means that it will be higher prices in the grocery store. It is a trickle effect with serious repercussions.
Some day people are going to have to pay the real cost of living. Might as well be sooner than later.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Can you post the name of the book and the author?

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Can you post the name of the book and the author?
Were you asking me?

Stories and Recipes of the Great Depression of the 1930's, Vol 1 by Rita Van Amber
$17.95 on Amazon

All in typewriter type, but very interesting stories.

There are four volumes, I think. I'd like to get them all, as they each cover a different section of the country during that time.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Thanks SS!

And Old-fashioned...yes...it does sound familiar now that you ask :p

"Theorists of the "Austrian School" who wrote about the Depression include Austrian economist Friedrich Hayek and American economist Murray Rothbard, who wrote America's Great Depression (1963). In their view and like the monetarists, the Federal Reserve, which was created in 1913, shoulders much of the blame; but in opposition to the monetarists, they argue that the key cause of the Depression was the expansion of the money supply in the 1920s that led to an unsustainable credit-driven boom. In the Austrian view it was this inflation of the money supply that led to an unsustainable boom in both asset prices (stocks and bonds) and capital goods. By the time the Fed belatedly tightened in 1928, it was far too late and, in the Austrian view, a significant economic contraction was inevitable. According to the Austrians, the artificial interference in the economy was a disaster prior to the Depression, and government efforts to prop up the economy after the crash of 1929 only made things worse. According to Rothbard, government intervention delayed the market's adjustment and made the road to complete recovery more difficult.[30] However, Hayek, unlike Rothbard, also believed, along with the monetarists, that the Federal Reserve further contributed to the problems of the Depression by permitting the money supply to shrink during the earliest years of the Depression[31]."

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a marshmallow gun. I wonder if I can rig it with an air compressor to shoot nickles?? :p

Ok so let me scratch the back of my brain here for a minute.

Does anyone remember the video series on youtube with Lindsey Williams on the Alex Jones Show?

I remember him talking about the Elite, I think Bilderberg, and how their goal was to orchestrate the failure of the dollar by the end of 2012.

I think they are using this date to prey also on the panic mode being caused by all the Mayan stuff as well.

What it seems to me is that by playing a strategic game of chess with the Fed, Mortgage Lenders, and by using specific peoples in Gov they are achieving their goals.

Could this be why they Amero has already begun being printed?

g