The xXx Gloom & Doom Report

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
cabinchick said:
Wannabefree said:
i_am2bz said:
So, does anyone here see a way to stop the economic snowball from picking up speed as it hurtles down the hill toward the big tree? (And I mean a practical way, not pie-in-the-sky-but-will-never-happen stuff.) Or is it better to just hunker down & do your best to take care of yourself (plus family & friends) when the calamity hits? :idunno
We'd really be better off without them short term even militarily really because I can defend my own personal property, and most others can as well. It all boils down to community versus government in my opinion. I am much much MUCH better off relying on my community than relying on my government officials.
It's been my experience that most people can't defend thier own property, unless maybe they have a dog. No one else in my family has any type of weapon to protect themselves. Against WHAT? They all ask. Duh.
Agreed that community will be extremely important - even if it's just a community of your immediate neighbors. We will need each other to survive a meltdown.
Well, HERE anyway, all of my neighbors have at minimum a half dozen guns and plenty of ammo and at least a couple of well trained stock dogs. :hu So I guess I should say most folks "I" know ;) in MY community. I'm not so sure about some others either come to think of it...

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Anyone else find it ironic that the protesters against Wall Street were dressed like zombies???

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Eating monopoly money and dressing like Zombies was supposed to be "reflecting the metaphor of their actions." - meaning Wall Street workers, according to a spokes person for the group.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Let's see, protesters against capitalism using iphones and ipads and eating takeout. Can you say astroturf???

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Let's say the economy and america is represented by a big bus. The bus is going down hill headed for a giant tree. You can see the accident about to happen and you want to stop it. The problem is, you aren't driving. You aren't the guy behind the driver who could say " hey stupid, let's not smack in to that tree". And the rest of the bus is filled with people telling the driver to go faster, that the tree isn't there, and that the only way to go is straight ahead. As the tax payers and average joes, where are we? Being involuntarily dragged behind...chained to the bus so we can't get away.
Anyone got a big ol' pair of boltcutters...??

And speaking of the zombies protesting on Wall St (& elsewhere)...does anyone think the protests will get out of hand (turn violent, like in Greece), or will the zombies all sorta slip away when it starts getting really cold out...? :rolleyes:

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
And speaking of the zombies protesting on Wall St (& elsewhere)...does anyone think the protests will get out of hand (turn violent, like in Greece), or will the zombies all sorta slip away when it starts getting really cold out...? :rolleyes:
Well, you have a bunch of bored, broke kids, looking for something "meaningful" or at least rebellious to do... Of course it'll get out of hand! The cold WILL definitely put a stop to it though. I doubt any of the protesters know what capitalism actually is. They're just filling time between unemployment checks.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The longer it goes on & becomes more widespread......yes it's very possible to turn violent. This report says several have been arrested & pepper sprayed and some were arrested without being charged for a crime (or did I read that wrong? :hu ) This could be come something big cause even the City Bus system is sueing the NYPD because the PD commendeered the buses to transport protesters. And the NYPD & FBI are prepared to use any & all resources neccessary to control any developments. Someone else in the article mentions police brutality.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44771937/ns/business/?ocid=ansmsnbc11

It sounds to me like a ticking time bomb........

ETA: ... it's not just kids with nothing to do, but people of different ages that are unemployed too...

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
ETA: ... it's not just kids with nothing to do, but people of different ages that are unemployed too...
Oh I know. But children throw tantrums and shout it isn't fair in the least productive ways possible. So I don't care their ages. They are all kids out there. Bored and wanting to prove a point. What point, they don't know. But hey, they're all meaningful now!

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok Abi, stop cracking me up, this is a SERIOUS discussion we're trying to have here!!! :old

*hee hee hee--cough cough, ahem...*