There is a possum in my kitchen!

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
Found it. Page 515, right between Squirrel and Porcupine.
I am NOT kidding!
Your edition of Joy of Cooking must be even older than mine! By 1953 that recipe had been dropped :lol:

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
ORChick said:
Henrietta23 said:
I am NOT kidding!
Your edition of Joy of Cooking must be even older than mine! By 1953 that recipe had been dropped :lol:
They added it back in. Mine is a 1997!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:lol: about the possum smirk! This one had it too but it didn't even have the decency to roll over and play dead...it just turned its head to the side and sort of grinned at me with a quiet little hiss......

:sick To that recipe too! YUCK! No way would I eat possum skin.

We did ours like squirrel and fried it up. Not tastey! But then, I don't care for squirrel either.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
ORChick said:
Henrietta23 said:
I am NOT kidding!
They added it back in. Mine is a 1997!
Oh ... well ... that is one more reason to stick with my mother's old antique, and leave the modern things to more adventuresome folks :lol:

hollybird

Power Conserver
Reaction score
at least it's not a skunk. had one walk into our dad's house. the neighbors left the garage door open one day and the granddaughter started to reach into a box to pet the kittens and stopped. the kittens were kits and a momma skunk.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
hollybird said:
at least it's not a skunk. had one walk into our dad's house. the neighbors left the garage door open one day and the granddaughter started to reach into a box to pet the kittens and stopped. the kittens were kits and a momma skunk.
:lol:

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
854_skunk5-1.jpg

Not my picture, but so cute.

My mom said that when I was about three I found a bunch of baby skunks under our house and I played with them all the time, thinking they were kitties. My mom didn't know at what age they first started to spray, so she asked my brother who was fiveat the time, because she knew that he'd know. My brother is going to college for wildlife managment, unsurprisingly.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I was told I was a pretty cute kid =P

But no, sadly no pictures of me and my striped kitties.. I might have one with normal kitties though.