There was no plan, but here I am

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
that picture is disturbing to say the least. wow

and with a hit like that the truck left the scene. how can that person live with themselves? ugh.

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The truck driver slowed down, then hit the gas, or so I am told. I was a bit busy spinning. I never saw the semi, and only saw the first vehicle that hit me, the small black car the semi hit was flung into my right front, just behind the headlight, which started my spin. Traffic was heavy.

Took at least 2 more hits - my truck is the witness on that one, it is totaled. The rear damage isn't in the pic. And other drivers saw the whole thing. I learned most from the police officer after the fact. 4 witnesses and a trucking company name. No word on whether they trucking company is following up.

The semi was in the right lane, apparently wanted to take the left fork in the highway split coming up. (2 lanes going to each highway, from a 4 lane section)
Little black car in next to right lane, I was in the 3rd lane, one from the left, doing 55, waiting for the normal people cutting over to take the left split. Just not that fast or that angle. it is a dangerous area, high speed traffic, everyone wants to be on the proper highway after the division.

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well I went to work today, with most of my tools transferred to my daughter's truck.. Tonight my rott dug through my guard that was supposed to keep rodents and possums out of the green house where my pullets are living, and darn near got into the greenhouse. He is in big trouble.

The dogs are gated out of that area when I am not at home, but tonight my chicks are at risk from any predator that might climb the fence. I'm too tired to go out and fill it in in the dark, I chunked a couple of rocks in, and topped them with a big rock. He knows he's not getting a belly rub I suspect.

He is an excellent ratter, squirrel and possum chaser. At some point he will realize my chicks aren't rats. He doesn't mess with my hens.

Gypsi

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Poor doggy is in the doghouse. :( My dogs watch our chicks and protect them. We had a single chick hatch once, and it chased our Pitbull we had then. It was hillarious to see her run from it. The tiny little chick pecked her toes and would chase her down the hallway worrying her to death until we put the chick back in the brooder :lol:

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My dogs are spoiled. My rott wouldn't comprehend sleeping in a dog house, he sleeps in his crate in my office. And since he chewed up his blanket, again, he hasn't got a dog bed, but it isn't freezing in here. All of the dogs are gated out in the main yard this morning though, so he doesn't do anymore damage until I can inspect and repair and reinforce. He is stronger and a better digger than a possum... And I really don't trust my dogs around my chicks. In a group of 3, they are a pack. I accidentally let 2 follow me out when I went to put the chicks up last week. No birds were injured, but they certainly were being chased for sniffing at least. My youngest is a lab mix, possibly with pit, possibly with greyhound - small head, small body for a lab - and she chases the cats and kinda chews on them without injury. That would be fatal to a chick.

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well I didn't get my rott's hole next to the greenhouse filled in, but I did get the tires moved from the mazda to the ford, between one of my helpers pulling all 4 tires, (the oldest are 8 months old, 2 of them didn't have 3000 miles on them); then the tire store I got them from remounted them all, and put my daughter's best tire on her spare rim, for $50. Granted, they only aired up one of the ones going on the mazda. I was driving, in the ford, on tires so bad they could not be safely aired up - exposed steel belting. While my wrecked truck had all new rubber.

At least it's done. The ford also inherited a fairly new battery, a mount clamp to hold the battery on its tray, and the wd40 finally made the drivers seat adjustable again. I do not like to recline and drive, have been getting plenty of exercise sitting up in a reclining seat.

I knew all SS stuff was going to hit the back burner when the wreck happened, and it has. Too much needs done too quickly. But I'll get back to it.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Wow, tough day today huh? I hope everything gets back to normal for you very soon. I can't stand getting sidetracked like that. Good you have better tires on the truck now, and in time for nastier weather too. Sorry you didn't get the hole fixed, but it'll get done in due time, things tend to.

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Uranus is going to station square my Venus, Pluto stationed on my Saturn, and Neptune is conjunct my Chiron, when it moves forward, it will oppose my Pluto. At the end of this series of transits I will have a new normal. I'm just grateful that it seems I will live through them. My trucks, not so much. But me personally, well I guess it was time for a change or two or three... Pluto transits are known for plumbing problems, my plumbing blew out under my house at the beginning of October. Plumber wanted $2200. Took my helper and I 2 or 3 days, but the parts were $50. At the beginning of my Pluto transit series the toilet tried to fall through the floor. Once it clears Saturn this time I get a few years off. Just Saturn, Uranus and Neptune to deal with. MUCH easier.