There was no plan, but here I am

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No, the insurance payment is coming in so late and so low I'll be using it to pay for my daughter's truck (which I've been driving since the wreck) and needed repairs to that truck.

If anything is left, a new chicken coop in the shade on the lot. I have seed for my bee forage. Still need to order bee balm, sweet potato sets, a few heirloom seeds, but I bought most of my seeds in September. Cut eyes off my russet potatoes last night when I was cooking, I think I'll start them in the greenhouse.

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well I am still here. It was a long and busy year. A shed got added, I now have a goat. Weasel got 14 of my chickens, 11 of the black australorp pullets, the barred rock hen and a couple of my americaunas. Once again I am in year end, or close to it. I was barely in the office this year it seems. Up to 5 beehives. Alive, well and all were out foraging today.

The rib pulled out of socket during the accident has finally mended, but I had to drop many of the large aquariums I used to service, because every time I reached down in, I popped the rib back out. My daughters little ranger got its transmission rebuilt 3 times, 3rd time did the trick, but it also blew a head gasket. Her fiance' changed the gasket, but the ford just isn't up to the miles I drive. He's putting a chevy engine together for my 75 chevy, and the ranger goes on the market as a parts truck. Well he was. He's had the flu and is not doing well today.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Sounds like you've had a rough year. Hope 2013 is better for you.

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
2013 was busy, that's for sure. And now it is 2014 and I'm trying to remember how to skin a chicken. Got 3 roos that a lady needed a home for and one of my little hens is their favorite to romp and is injured. So 2 need ready for the stew pot tonight, and I'm tired. I know there is a way to peel their feathers off like a jacket, really do not feel up to plucking them. But this hen had hidden so well this morning from them I thought she was dead, and seeing her back tonight, well the time has come. Gal who gave me the roosters rather hoped I would keep them all as pets and they are gorgeous. But they are surplus...

Latest posts