This may be a touchy subject, but ..... Marijuana

Slinkytoys

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
The only thing that managed to get the Mafia out of Las Vegas was Corporations. How sad is that?? Only thing worse than crime is Big Business/legality. Sigh......
Slinky

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

loriwy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Legal and regulated. It's affects are little different than alcohol. IMO
I've purchased sterile hemp seeds for my breeder grass parakeets. High in protien,plus they LOVED it!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Making it legal would take a terrible burden off of the jail and court system. Hundreds of thousands of people have gone to jail for small amts of pot or selling just an ounce. and we all pay for their up keep and raising their children, and the court system and on and on and on.

The penal system likes it being illegal since so many jails are privately owned and run. Its big business now and they are eaier types to incarcerate.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I am not a pot smoker and never have been but have always thought it should be legal due to its many positives.

Its the best natural fiber around is my main reason. Puts cotton to shame.

As far as medicinal purposes - its proven it works for numerous things already mentioned. But because it would replace high priced drugs, we can't have that.

As far as addiction - can't say it is because I have never known anyone "addicted" to it. Known lots of tokers though.

FDA control would probably make it a great corporate opportunity for big Pharm. They could then pump it full of the same chemicals that the tobacco industry used to make cigarettes addictive.

As said previously, it was made illegal for money reasons. It was never made illegal for drug related reasons.

I know lots of people who smoke it on a regular basis and none of them are lazy, non productive or stupid. I figure if those who smoke it to those extremes were not smoking pot they would be doing something else to make them lazy because its not the pot making them lazy and non productive. They ARE lazy and non productive by nature.

We as a society do tend to place bad attributes to things that we say "cause" people to do stupid things instead of placing the blame on the person because so many of us have had close and personal contact with people whom we love and care about being a alcoholic, drug addict, hurt by someone who was high or drunk,etc. But to me its kind of like blaming the box of matches for starting the fire. (I can say this as I have first hand knowledge of how to blame drugs, alcohol, etc for all of the problems someone I love dearly had. It was much easier than blaming the person).

Removing the human fraility factor from the equation and looking at the full spectrum of hemp attributes only, you have to wonder why it is really illegal and why did it get such a bad reputation. Alcohol and cigarettes are much worse and yet, they are still legal but cause numerous ills for the nation as a whole. (I am a smoker, so can I blame cigarettes when I get sick?)

Wifezilla posted a great history. There are numerous resources on the web for its positive side and the real reasons it was made illegal. For those really interested or curious do the research. I think once you do you will find that it was made illegal to make someone already rich and powerful more rich and powerful.

For the negative side of the resources available, look who backs them, who did the research.

As with all things in this society. Follow the money.

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I find it peculiar that so many people who fret about "eating healthy" or worry about "environmental pollutants" extoll the virtues of smoking anything.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
inchworm said:
I find it peculiar that so many people who fret about "eating healthy" or worry about "environmental pollutants" extoll the virtues of smoking anything.
To be honest, I'd much rather take the risk of smoking something that works, and is not addictive, than to pop a pill that doesn't work and IS addictive and hurts more inner organs than one...and gets flushed down our toilets, infilterates our water ways, and is shared with everyone eventually. Smoking a joint in a private setting sure does make alot more sense to me :D

Marijuanna is also compostable...it is a very enviromentally friendly product...wow I never thought of any of this untul now...but it is sooo true! (until the government gats a hold of it anyway....they will find a way to ruin all it's good points eventually)

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It does not have to be consumed by smoking. Actually for medical use, eating it is much better. Brownies, anyone? Or Rasta Pasta, pizza, tea, you name it.
Or it can be consumed in kief capsules.

There isn't much that is good for you when you inhale it via smoke.

Latest posts