This will scare you.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
End of life? Uhm, what did they do before gas and oil?! Yeah, we are a developed nation so its expected we stay that way. Maybe only the military should get that gas and oil to continue portection, but *we* common citizens don't need it.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MsPony said:
End of life? Uhm, what did they do before gas and oil?! Yeah, we are a developed nation so its expected we stay that way. Maybe only the military should get that gas and oil to continue portection, but *we* common citizens don't need it.
LOL! My husband and I were talking about that just last night... how it would be uncomfortable, but really, we could live just fine without electricity... food is our main concern.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Don't sigh. Be thankful they still build them!
Your going to need a Suburban to get your family the h e l l out of Dodge. :gig
How're we gonna G.O.O.D. if we can't afford to gas up the Suburban...?? :plbb

bornthrifty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
valmom said:
I remember poor Jimmy Carter and just put on another sweater thing, odd and even gas days. I thought then (optimistic me) that people would change, but no. Huge gas guzzlers came back within 2 years.

I have the news on in the background this morning as I am writing this. The winner of some survey for top "family" car is the Chevy Suburban. Sigh.
Don't sigh. Be thankful they still build them!
Your going to need a Suburban to get your family the h e l l out of Dodge. :gig
:idunno
I am thankful for suburbans, even if I can't get gas,(and can only push it to the cardbourd shanty village outside of town) it will provide better shelter for my family than some tiny mini something, I mean at least I can lay down' in the suburban, and maybe even fit underneath it for shade in the summer, I can pile more essentials on top of it, and pull more junk with my trailer for when we end up squatting in some national park somewhere....:lol:
(God forbid)

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
JRmom said:
MsPony said:
LOL! My husband and I were talking about that just last night... how it would be uncomfortable, but really, we could live just fine without electricity... food is our main concern.
Learn to hunt and scavenge! :)

Wallybear

Power Conserver
Reaction score
MsPony said:
You shorted the quote a bit it should have read " Life as we know it" , but your will work for millions as well. We all know that most people are sheeple and few learn. Most on this board will do just fine in a crisis. Most on here are prepared to take care of themselves.

How many are prepared though for the millions of idiots who do not have a clue? Are you prepared for the riots? Are you prepared for the family members and friends who will be running from the cities and suburbs to your house, remembering that you warned them and know that you were prepared? If Saudi Arabia turns on the US it will drive gas prices through the roof. everything will go up in price and people will not be able to afford even the basics.

Get ready for tough times, not for yourself, but for the rest of the nation and be ready for the consequences of their unpreparedness.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
bornthrifty said:
I am thankful for suburbans, even if I can't get gas,(and can only push it to the cardbourd shanty village outside of town) it will provide better shelter for my family than some tiny mini something, I mean at least I can lay down' in the suburban, and maybe even fit underneath it for shade in the summer, I can pile more essentials on top of it, and pull more junk with my trailer for when we end up squatting in some national park somewhere....:lol:
(God forbid)
:yuckyuck
I've thought many a time about how I would live in the back of my mini-van (the rear seats have long been pulled out) if TSHTF & I had to bug-out. It's a Town & Country & actually quite roomy...:D

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MsPony said:
JRmom said:
MsPony said:
We do hunt and fish (well, hubby hunts). We are fortunate that our cabin is in the middle of a National forest, with access to 3 large lakes, plus a river. I guess what I meant to say is that our priority is providing food for ourselves (which we already do), not worrying about how to live without electricity. Although, not having A/C at night with these hot flashes would be worrisome! :lol:

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
JRmom said:
MsPony said:
JRmom said:
We do hunt and fish (well, hubby hunts). We are fortunate that our cabin is in the middle of a National forest, with access to 3 large lakes, plus a river. I guess what I meant to say is that our priority is providing food for ourselves (which we already do), not worrying about how to live without electricity. Although, not having A/C at night with these hot flashes would be worrisome! :lol:
Always keep a tun filled with COLD water beside your bed...LOL!

Wallybear

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Folks, keep an eye on the news. I have been all over it this morning and the dust is starting to fly in Saudi Arabia. It looks as though protests have started in the east (the oil producing region of Saudi Arabia) and the government fired shots. The stock market is reacting and is down 1.88% at this moment and oil is up. Things can always change and the markets are a funny thing. A person should be on top of what is going on though as it will effect your life one way or another.