Time for tea! The herbal teas, homegrown and wildcrafted....

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aidenbaby said:
Is Oregano difficult to grow? If so, I will declare myself a pro then. I've got a bush that I transplanted and now am finding that I'll probably have to divide it next year. I just got a hand-me-down dehydrator and used it on it too. Now, I need to find someone to give all this infernal oregano to.
After you get it dehydrated, I'll take a quart! For your trouble you'll be put in my will!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
LOLOL

Actually, Oregano (REAL oregano :D ) seems to grow pretty well out here in Colorado. I have a very healthy stand of Greek Oregano.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I just picked a small amount of pineapple weed (false chamomile) and removed the flowers and put them in the dehydrator. A half of a grocery back of plants made half a dehydrator tray of buds!!! But it smells yummy. Brings me right back to playing in grandma's driveway in Maine 40 years ago.....

I found a few St John's Wort plants on the edge of my property today. Near the far end of my pasture, so I'll have to inspect that end for more. There weren't enough to harvest, but now I know what it looks like.

One of my cats grabbed and ate the little sprig I brought home to identify!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm jealous. I can't find any St. John's Wort around here.

So you only use the buds of the pineapple weed? We have tons here.. I might need to get that magazine I read about it in again.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I just picked a small amount of pineapple weed (false chamomile) and removed the flowers and put them in the dehydrator. A half of a grocery back of plants made half a dehydrator tray of buds!!! But it smells yummy. Brings me right back to playing in grandma's driveway in Maine 40 years ago.....

I found a few St John's Wort plants on the edge of my property today. Near the far end of my pasture, so I'll have to inspect that end for more. There weren't enough to harvest, but now I know what it looks like.

One of my cats grabbed and ate the little sprig I brought home to identify!
I looked up pineapple weed, but I can't find anything about it's nutritional value. Does it really have any or are you just using it for the taste?
We have it here, but this is the first time that I have ever heard of it.

Wished I could find some St. John's Wort. I don't even know what it looks like.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
St. Johns Wort almost reminds me of a yellow Potentella, but different leaves ad flowers, but similar looking.

No, pineapple weed doesn't have many benefactors (that anyone is aware), its mainly for the taste.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Amos said:
St. Johns Wort almost reminds me of a yellow Potentella, but different leaves ad flowers, but similar looking.

No, pineapple weed doesn't have many benefactors (that anyone is aware), its mainly for the taste.
Thanks Amos, I'll have to scout around.