Time for tea! The herbal teas, homegrown and wildcrafted....

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Tallman, just do a Google image search for St John's Wort, and lots of images will come up. That's what I did, and then I brought sprigs home from my walks to compare until I got it right.

Would've been easier to just print out a picture and bring it with me, but of course I never thought to do that, as the walks with the dog are usually spontaneous, with him running to the gate and looking so expectant and joyful that I just have to go right then and there. He's so stinkin' cute!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Ooh, thanks Free! I wish the article I had read said that, I could have picked some yesterday when I was out that way. It said there was no known medicinal uses. :/

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
That's why I like doing internet research now, maybe start with a book or article, then see what others have to say. With a book or article, you only get the knowlege of one person.

You still have to be careful of who you believe, but with an online search you can compare what several people say with just a few clicks.

And I can get several pictures to compare. Sometime plants vary slightly from one region to another, and some books only give you one view, from one time of year. I love Google!