Today's "to-do" list

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Well, I'm at the farm, so as long as I can find Cindy, I'm all set to try and get the cats to spend the night together. Rerun is loving this. She's on my lap right now wanting attention. The problem might be find Cindy! It's very hard to find a black and white tuxedo cat at night.

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hwillm1977 said:
I'm not making a list for tomorrow... it's supposed to be nice and I'm just going to play it by ear...

I wanted to grow a 'house' for Aeryn out of sunflower walls with morning glories growing up and across twine for the roof... I got all the seeds but haven't gotten around to planting so maybe that will be my job for tomorrow.

Also planting 20 pounds of seed potatoes, I need to dig a trench for those.

So I ended up with a list anyway :)
So I failed miserably at this on Friday... It was gorgeous outside, so instead I weeded the garden and took Aeryn out to play. Now that she's almost 7 months old she's getting more and more fun to play with :) We practised some sign language (she still doesn't get it, but hopefully soon), played on her four wheeler (which I got for 0.50 cents at a yard sale!), read a book under the pine tree in the yard and had a picnic.... a great day!

How could anyone resist this face :)
Aeryn4wheelingJune16.jpg

Today is Father's Day, so I'm making sure Shawn has as lazy a day as he possibly can :)

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
What a doll! And what a fun idea for the "house." I've never heard of that before. Maybe someday if I ever have nieces and nephews, I can do that for them.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I wanted to do something similar for my kids when they were little, just didn't really have a place in the yard to do it. :(

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Dawn419 said:
What a great idea, patandchickens!
Yup, but it isn't MY idea... unfortunately I forget who started it a year or two ago so I can't thank them, but I was just too lazy to use "search" so I started a new thread to resurrect it.

Monday's plans:

-- take son to Early Years for an hour or two DONE

-- stop by library, pay fines, get deck-building book out again b/c I am a little fuzzy on how exactly the stairs are supposed to be attached to the deck, not that I've quite reached that stage yet DONE but they didn't have the book in

-- get Mo's catfood which we will be flat out of after he has his breakfast DONE

-- yet another trip to Newmarket to paint store, to get something to prime and paint kitchen ceiling DONE

-- get more caulk and more joist-hanger nails (ran out of both with about 95% of job done) and a drill bit DONE

-- examine and arrange deck boards, preparatory to putting them on properly

-- probably need to mow some lawn

Pat

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
New list for this week, and some sublists I can do in prep for our July party.

This Week:
-Wash crock pot
-Wash dishes
-Do some shopping
-Fold the washing
-Post some gifts I've been gathering
-Vacuum

Bathroom:
-Dust
-Decobweb
-Sweep the floor
-Make BS shampoo and pour it into the rinsed shampoo pump bottle
-Clean out and recycle the empty conditioner tubes
-Throw out the ridiculous collection of toothpaste tubes

Toilet:
-Dust
-Decobweb
-Sweep the floor
-Gather up the tp tubes and take them to the shed
-Scrub the bowl

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I had only 1 thing on my to do list for today, take a nap. And I did it!

I'm not sure how much I'm going to be able to get done this week. KN takes her motorcycle test on Friday, and I need to do some more work w/her. Plus, RU is still away, so I have to feed her horses. So, I'll probably have a pretty light week so far as what I want to get done, so instead of posting what I plan to do, I think I'll post what I did get done.

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
New list for this week, and some sublists I can do in prep for our July party.

This Week:
-Wash crock pot
-Wash dishes
-Do some shopping
-Fold the washing
-Post some gifts I've been gathering
-Vacuum

Bathroom:
-Dust
-Decobweb
-Sweep the floor
-Make BS shampoo and pour it into the rinsed shampoo pump bottle
-Clean out and recycle the empty conditioner tubes
-Throw out the ridiculous collection of toothpaste tubes

Toilet:
-Dust
-Decobweb
-Sweep the floor
-Gather up the tp tubes and take them to the shed
-Scrub the bowl
Neko - wash the crockpot has been on your list for the last two weeks! :lol: Is it still dirty or do you just use it every day and have to keep washing it? :caf

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Here's what I'm hoping to get done this week, and it's going to be weird juggling.

Oldest starts summer school tomorrow and stupid bus garage still hasn't told us what time they are picking her up, so we hope it's the same as last year.

Monday:
Drop kids at sitters
go to church office and get scrip
go to farm audit
drive back to get kids
go home and wait for oldest to get off bus
pick strawberries, darn kids know that ours are getting ripe now. :barnie
put my crap away that is in middle of kitchen from craft show .... wait, make sure all is aired out and dry before I pack it away.... then move it
hope weather is good, so I can set up tent again, so it can dry out
try calling 4 farmers and try to set up audits for Wednesday.

Tuesday:
Drop kids at sitters
go to farm audit
back to get kids
home and wait for oldest on bus
try to get to chiropractor - only been putting it off for 2 months
kids to library to get summer reading card stamped and new books

Weds:
-have to get at least one audit done today, has to be turned in by the 27th
-figure out if kids have clothes for stupid wedding this weekend (don't wanna go, but it's husband's cousin and his grandma played the "grandma card" where all her grandchildren will be home at the same time for the first time in years. She's lucky we love her! :rolleyes:

Thursday: - yeah, can't plan that far out.... will worry about that later in the week.

Latest posts