Tomato Presses

Mart

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have the same manual one from Berry Hill.

Will use it this year with the tomatoes, can't wait!

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
~gd said:
lupinfarm said:
Wow that is quite expensive!

I figure as long as all the mechanical parts are metal, then a few pieces of plastic are okay.
How about this from Lee Valley $C 37.50 http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/page.aspx?p=44040&cat=2,40733,44734&ap=3
they are in CANADA and have stores there you might want to check locations. Lots of plastic but I have delt with them for years, there quality is what they say it is [ie they have some cheap stuff from Asia.THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GREAT! ~gd
opps looks like somebody beat me to the post.
Yup, I have that one as I posted above ;)

It is marked "made in Italy", and I should think the Italians know something about tomatoes, my own experience with this press has been that it works super well.

I deal with Lee Valley regularly, and have never had any concerns whatsoever with their quality.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Stumbled onto a great sale on a manual tomato press today. I don't know how long it will be available but Johnnys Seeds has them for $32.00 on sale, regular price is $59.00 and that seems very fair but $32.00 has got to be excellent. The brand is Saucemaster and from the pic it appears to be very similar to the Back To Basics brand I have been using for 20 Years. There are also other assessories you can add to it on sale, berry screen, grape sprial salsa screen ect. Hopes this helps.

Latest posts