Top 100 Items to Disappear First During a National Emergency

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Yes! Canning lids, seeds, OTC meds (aspirin!), supplements. My normal supplements were ones recommended for COVID. I didnt see that coming!!

I am still surprised by how much junk food, comfort food, and alcohol people bought and apparently consumed. Wow. Something to really think about. Comfort seeking is a powerful drive, so how do we compensate for it without sacrificing health?

Seems that the first things to prepare with should be acheiving the best physical and mental health possible with the brain and body you have. Getting off medications and supplements as much as is possible for an individual might work out better than trying to stockpile medication. Cultivating good mental health and resilience is better than trying to stockpile chocolate, alcohol, and other consumable ways to self soothe. How much shorter would the list be if we assume excellent physical and mental health?

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think we all pretty much know what we need to stock now.....and people don't call us crazy anymore
I've been collecting for years, people thought I was completely off the wall. Now they ask all sorts of questions and some I really do not have the answers to, maybe it's me that is slacking now :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Knowing that I know HOW to live without many things and still have what I need is very comforting for me. Being able to be self providing is a good place to be. Some things I have are hard to even find to buy....but it is just part of my normal life to keep supplies for lean times. Staying stocked with "xtras" is my norm. These times have made people appreciate this, not think you are a nut case. 😁 my chickens supplied my family, friends and many co-workers with eggs when none were in the stores! Those hens were appreciated as well as the goat milk flowing freely. Yep, I was never scrambling for TP, cleaners, pharmacy items or food. Still not! Life is good.

People on this forum are generally less stressed with "not available" than the general population.....it's just our lifestyle. We are blessed.