Tossing around a goat and sheep forum?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Heard they may want to form a goat and sheep forum, but may just merge it with BYCows as subforums.

Nifty, I'd really like to see those subforums here at SS, if possible! They definitely need a place and we have space and alot of interest in small ruminants in our SS lifestyles.

Anyone else like this idea? :) I think it would help us grow and give us a lot of new members with an interest in backyard livestock as a food source.

jfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am all for it.... Hope we hear something soon.. got so many guestions and pictures... soon pleassssssssse! lol:fl

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
It looks like the BYCows folks are pretty much against it, so I don't think they would mind if we just scootched(there's another one for ya, Tallman! ;) ) it over here and added a new dimension to our already multi-faceted forum.

Some diversity is a good thing and we could learn so much from those who already have small ruminants.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
There isn't any real good forums for sheep and goats online that I have found, so this could work out to be big, who knows?

I know I have many questions about sheep, hair sheep in particular, and about raising them on grass only.

It would sure be cooleth! :thumbsup

And another one, Tallman! Cooleth and scootch are both frequently used in my country vocab.... :p

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This forum has gotten me interested in goats. I can't have any now, and honestly don't even know if I want a DOG, much less a goat... But hey, maybe someday! I've been around goats before. Although they thought they were dogs... LOL.

Anyway I vaguely recall a problem getting the name. backyardgoats.com is taken, and redirects someplace else. But since it redirects, maybe they'll let us take the goat name??

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Maybe it would just be a sub-forum....and I don't know what that would mean as far as directing folks to the site.

Maybe we could become Sufficientself&SmallStock.com?