Tossing around a goat and sheep forum?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I'd like it right here! Most of us are interested in keeping a couple of a few sheep or goats, not a large dairy herd. The types of questions and solutions would be geared towards our needs, not the most cost-effective agribiz solution. Sustainable. Yeah, baby!

I would be afraid to post my goat questions on other forums I've visited. Someone might just track me down and beat the tar out of me for even thinking to ask my question. Someone else will strongly criticize me for not pumping my animals full of the latest pharmaceutical solutions. You get the idea.

I want to talk to hand-milkers, kitchen cheesemakers, picnic-cooler yogurt fools, and the like.

Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with a cherry on top????:p

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ohhhh, me LIKEY!! Hmmm, maybe sufficientstock.com? I dont know...but I DO know I am already learning from my own sheep. Did you know...that baby lambs...will have loose stools when on the bottle!?? I didnt, and of COURSE I freaked out!:barnie Had to e mail the gal I got them from, asking about scours..and worms..LOL She assured me he would be fine, and to just increase his pellets...and you know what?? She was right! I saw him drop pebbles today! :weee I know...wierd to get excited about sheep poo...but I was one scared momma!! LOL

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Ohhhh, me LIKEY!! Hmmm, maybe sufficientstock.com? I dont know...but I DO know I am already learning from my own sheep. Did you know...that baby lambs...will have loose stools when on the bottle!?? I didnt, and of COURSE I freaked out!:barnie Had to e mail the gal I got them from, asking about scours..and worms..LOL She assured me he would be fine, and to just increase his pellets...and you know what?? She was right! I saw him drop pebbles today! :weee I know...wierd to get excited about sheep poo...but I was one scared momma!! LOL
I'm with ya, girl! :rolleyes:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I have goats!!! I'm all for a subforum or whatever for goats and sheep right here!! :p

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I think it is very obvious where the goat people are welcome and wanted. We may not have as much class as Bee does ;) but we are a fun bunch!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I agree its needed for us small SS types. I tried asking a question on a goat forum one time and just politely signed off and never went back. I don't even have goats yet and that scared me to death.

Plus, it will feed my addiction to adding a couple of goats to my increasing addiction to bigger gardens, and being more SS.
(And we all know how much we need to feed our addictions).

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm not sure how well an actual subforum would go, but I would like to see some sort of merge. I do know of a very good goat forum and everyone on there is very nice, something could get rigged up.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I think it is very obvious where the goat people are welcome and wanted. We may not have as much class as Bee does ;) but we are a fun bunch!
HA , HA, :/ FREE! (Inside joke, folks!) :lol: