Totally Fed Up with ATT

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We had Verizon when we lived out in Wyoming. Their tower was only 3 miles away, on top of a small mountain. We had 5 bars everywhere in the house, even the walkout basement. We moved back to Wisconsin and kept our same phones and calling plan. We had 4 bars most everywhere in the new house and on the property..
Verizon dropped us after a year and a half for using too much roaming - They dropped tons of people all over the country. The carrier for our area is not Verizon, but we are using the same towers as before - but now we only get 2 bars of service on our phones and they only offer 3G service.
And since the federal government declared that all TV programing MUST be in digital, we have lost over 1/2 of our over-the-air stations. Digital doesn't travel as far as the old signals did.

farmerjan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh but digital is soooooo much better.... more modern..... all that crap......:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:he:he:he:he

Rammy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a little analog 5" portable rv I just love but cant use anymore because of the digital signal. Ticks me off. Got alot more stations on my antennas too before the switch.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh but digital is soooooo much better.... more modern..... all that crap......:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:he:he:he:he
I remember must have been at least 10 years ago, getting one of the first digital phones as part of a alpha testing program. Sure it worked, but everyone sounded like Robby or Rosy Robot. I reported back and told them VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) has a long ways to go. It's Improved only slightly since then... Just 2 months ago, I switched completely to VIOP. But still get Robby or Rosy Robot occasionally.

Digital TV is a joke... Unlike analog you my get a fuzzy picture occasionally. But at least the picture and sound was always in sync. With digital TV the sound and video are frequently out of sync. And if your recieiver doesn't receive all it's packets in order or misses some packets all together, you get frustrated watching your TV and turn it off. That may be a good thing but it ain't so good should we have a national emergency or even local emergency.