toxic masculinity

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My ex never hit me, though he sure wanted to. I promised him that if he ever hit me, he'd better kill me because I was going to get my pistol and blow his head off. ;) He beat on his next wife and the several he lived with after her. Now he's with a raging alcoholic, they deserve each other. Karma bites you in the end. :lol:

I really like you - you sound a lot like my wife.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Actually, there is a good reason to raise your hand to a woman.... if she's gonna shoot you, perhaps it might be a good idea to do what you can to prevent it?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Actually, there is a good reason to raise your hand to a woman.... if she's gonna shoot you, perhaps it might be a good idea to do what you can to prevent it?

Good point... But I think the key is to never get in that situation to begin with (intentionally) :)

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
LOL! But seriously, women can be unbalanced just as men can be. Where does it say that only a man can be a psychopath? But in most situations, there is no reason for a man to strike a woman.

On the other hand, there was a time when DH's little sister was totally out of control. Her parents had made arrangements for her to go to one of those institutions (I won't call it a school as education was a secondary goal there) but they couldn't get her to go into the car. Finally DH simply picked her up, kicking and screaming and cursing, and carried her out to the car and deposited her. She stayed put because he was standing right by the door and she realized there was nowhere to go. Was this being a "toxic male"? I don't think so, but I know there are people out there that would wring their hands and cry out in horror at his actions.
(I will tell you that her stay at this place was not very productive as she was smart enough to figure out the facade she needed to don to make everyone proclaim her cured... then went right back to her old ways once she was home again)