TP Scam!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I have an old friend out in Utah that sells toilet paper and such to large accounts.
His motto is: From the stump to your rump! :gig :gig

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I have a cousin who works at a paper processing place, and they make TP and paper towels...they bring home the ends of the rolls and stuff that are factory second that can't be sold, I should probably get some of that from him. Dunno why this thread JUST NOW reminded me of that!! He gives it out to family when his family gets too much duhhh!

I have been buying TP from DG because it's cheap, and is very similar to angel soft.

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Rebbetzin said:
About a year ago the dog food I always bought went from a 40lb bad to a 32lb bag. I used to be able to go a month on a 40lb bag. Easier to carry, but it runs out before the month is up.

I have noticed many things are giving less per package, but the price is the same, or higher.

I don't think it will be getting better anytime soon. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/Email icons/Sad Mad/pull_hair.gif
It sure does make it hard on one's budget though. You just end up coming back for more when you run out sooner than you expected. So you spend it anyway, waste more gas on another trip into town, and more lost time and aggravation shopping. I think it's terrible that they resized everything. It's not like they announce it fyi on the package. Sneaky!

There's things I buy that were downsized an ounce or two awhile back and I've noticed recently they've downsized a little more. The only difference on the package was that they had to remove the wording "family size". You open a second package to make up for the difference in the servings per package lost, then you've got leftovers and it cost you more for that meal. It's dirty if you ask me. I'd rather just pay a bit more and know where my money was actually going without having to pound a calculator all the time. :/

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
I have an old friend out in Utah that sells toilet paper and such to large accounts.
His motto is: From the stump to your rump! :gig :gig
Hmmmmmmmm...............I have 16 acres of trees.........FREE RUMP RUB!!!

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
journey11 said:
There's things I buy that were downsized an ounce or two awhile back and I've noticed recently they've downsized a little more. The only difference on the package was that they had to remove the wording "family size". You open a second package to make up for the difference in the servings per package lost, then you've got leftovers and it cost you more for that meal. It's dirty if you ask me. I'd rather just pay a bit more and know where my money was actually going without having to pound a calculator all the time. :/
So...is this how the government can get away with saying the rate of inflation hasn't increased? ( :lol: ) If companies are keeping the price of an item the same (altho there is less of the product in the package)...? :/

ranchhand

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Yep. Anyone looked at a can of chunk light tuna lately? It's gone from 6.5 oz. in the past to 5 oz. And the meat isn't as light as it used to be, there's more of the very strong tasting dark mixed in.

I called Star-Kist about both issues. They apologized (not explained) and sent me 2 free coupons for the fancy albacore. Trouble is that the albacore is still known to have a higher level of mercury. Nor does that make up for the huge tuna casserole that ultimately went to the chickens.

I noticed about 8 months ago that toilet paper is getting narrower. Pretty soon it's gonna be butt floss!

I DO shop with a calculator now, much as a PITA it is. Mostly because the shelf tags can't be trusted. I've found some real doozies in our local store.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I noticed about 8 months ago that toilet paper is getting narrower. Pretty soon it's gonna be butt floss!
:lol:

I have a calculator on my cell phone. I use that a lot in stores. I just need to remember to wear my glasses so I can actually see what it says! :old

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Gee I can see it all now - a new marketing scheme - Butt Floss! It would probably fly off the shelves when those yuppies think they're getting something new and improved. :lol:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:

I have a calculator on my cell phone. I use that a lot in stores. I just need to remember to wear my glasses so I can actually see what it says! :old
I drive my DW crazy in the store, particularly when I find examples of the mega size costing more per unit than smaller sizes.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Denim Deb said:

I drive my DW crazy in the store, particularly when I find examples of the mega size costing more per unit than smaller sizes.
I was looking at sugar in the store not too long ago. They had it in both 5 and 10 lb bags. The stuff in the 10 lb bags was about 2x as expensive as the stuff in the 5 lb bags! I sometimes wonder if people really look at the prices.

What I hate is when you have the store put the per unit price on the shelf, but don't use the same unit. Then, I have to figure out how much it is and I find myself ready to do this :barnie, especially if I didn't remember to bring in my glasses.