trapping rats

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Put a hose in and fill with water, then add cement...dry, it will get wet enough. I've flushed moles this way, too. Then, ground is soft to step on refill that dang tunnel.

I keep moth balls thrown under chicken coop...only accessible by mice/snakes....they hate the smell. Push under several inches.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Well, we caught our mouse, the old-fashioned mouse trap way. There is another one in the spare bedroom though :rolleyes: DS told me it likes certain foods. Apparently he'd been feeding the darn thing.

@rhoda_bruce any joy with your rodents yet?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Update from here: our mouse turned out to be mice, plural. I've caught about 8 this week already! I tried a number of different baits, but the little shoots kept stealing it off the trap. I finally tried cheese, that worked so-so. Someone suggested peanut butter, the shop don't have any and we don't eat it. So, I was standing in the kitchen when my eye caught the jar of chocolate spread that DS left on the counter. Bingo! I covered the (now dry) cheese on the trap with a bit of choc spread and… it's midday now and I caught 2 already? It works! :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've heard gum drops also work.