True Southerner

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yankee vs Southern Zoo

What's the real difference between a Yankee Zoo and a Southern Zoo?

On the cage, a Yankee Zoo will have the name of the animal and then the scientific name in Latin.

Whereas, a Southern Zoo will have the name of the animal and the recipe.....!

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Yankee vs Southern Zoo

What's the real difference between a Yankee Zoo and a Southern Zoo?

On the cage, a Yankee Zoo will have the name of the animal and then the scientific name in Latin.

Whereas, a Southern Zoo will have the name of the animal and the recipe.....!
Ours says "You can come in to feed the big cats, It cuts down on our feed bill"~gd

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You can't get much more southern than a Cajun, but I know what you mean. My people actually have their own southern ways. I'd list them, but I can't write in French to save my life.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
What's the difference between Yankees and D@mn Yankees? D@mn Yankee's don't go home!!!

Proud of my southern heritage!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
"The Duck"

A Yankee lawyer went duck hunting in eastern North Carolina. He shot and dropped a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a fence. As the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly gentleman asked him what he was doing. The lawyer responded, "I shot a duck and it fell in this field, I'm going into retrieve it."
The old farmer replied. "This is my property, and you are not coming over here." The indignant lawyer said, "I am one of the best trial attorneys in the U.S. and, if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take everything! The old farmer smiled and said, "Apparently, you don't know how we do things here in North Carolina. We settle small disagreements like this with the NC Three-Kick Rule."
The lawyer asked, "What is the NC three-Kick Rule?" The Farmer replied. "Well, first I kick you three times and then you kick me three times, and so on, back and forth, until someone gives up." The Yankee attorney quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that he could easily take the old southerner. He agreed to abide by the local custom. The old farmer slowly climbed down from the tractor and walked up to the city feller. His first kick planted the toe of his heavy work boot into the Yankee lawyer's groin and dropped him to his knees. His second kick nearly wiped the man's nose off his face. The barrister was flat on his belly when the farmer's third kick to a kidney nearly caused him to give up.
The Yankee lawyer summoned every bit of his will and managed to get to his feet and said, "Okay, you old redneck southerner, now it's my turn."
The old North Carolina farmer smiled and said, "Naw, I give up. You can have the duck."

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
These are great, I have a sense of humor and am NOT offended by them.... :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
These are great, I have a sense of humor and am NOT offended by them.... :D
That's a good thing, else we might have to settle this with the Tennessee three kick rule..... :p

That was a good one FC! :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:lol: :gig Love it!

Around here, we have our own brand of "rednecks". They're called Pineys. I've seen bumper stickers that say, PROUD TO BE A PINEY FROM MY HEAD DOWN TO MY HINEY.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
:lol: :gig Love it!

Around here, we have our own brand of "rednecks". They're called Pineys. I've seen bumper stickers that say, PROUD TO BE A PINEY FROM MY HEAD DOWN TO MY HINEY.
I wonder if a Tarheel [NC] and a Piney are equivenent? We have lots of piney woods and the Govenor awards VIPS with THE ORDER OF THE LONG LEAF PINE.....