True Southerner

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Yep....same here Deb, makes me wanna just go as far back in the woods as I can and stay there forever. It seems the only way to get any peace anymore :/ Yankees are welcome here, so long as THEY acclimate, instead of trying to acclimate us to their standards, then trouble starts :p
we'll see how it goes in the fall and if you and hubby change your minds on this one.... :lol:

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Hilarious!!! :D
I have a bizarre accent growing up in the south but living in the Bawl'mer area now for 11 years. But send me home and it comes RIGHT back!! One of our vendors is located in Roanoke, and every time I call them I hang up the phone with a bit of a twang again :p
Can't wait to get back down further south so I can keep my accent!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
Yep....same here Deb, makes me wanna just go as far back in the woods as I can and stay there forever. It seems the only way to get any peace anymore :/ Yankees are welcome here, so long as THEY acclimate, instead of trying to acclimate us to their standards, then trouble starts :p
we'll see how it goes in the fall and if you and hubby change your minds on this one.... :lol:
:lol: Yes we will brother dear...yes we will :p

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And then there's Texans...........sorta like Cajuns, we take Southern to a whole 'nother level. And accent?? All I gotta do is open my mouth and there is no doubt where I'm from. :lol: