Trying new foods.....maybe.

bjmstahl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I agree Denim Deb, when we lived in Florida we used squid for bait, but my son-in-law loves it. Of course, he is a little different (but I love him.):)

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've eaten a lot of things that most the people I know think is weird... I love alligator steak(which I can buy at my local Asian market most of the year<3) I like crickets and I've eaten grasshopper though the legs on grasshoppers are not so great. Skatewing wasn't very good but it could have been the way we cooked it (smelt and tasted like nail polish remover yuck!) I love venison with a passion though its near impossible for me to get it where I live, elk is good, I'd like to try moose and bear, I've eaten turtle though I can't remember it... I'd love to try wild boar, pheasent and cows tounge! I'm not huge on fish but I like Thrasher shark steak and will eventually screw up the courage to try conch and welk. Oh and rabbit! I liked it as a kid so I'm hoping I like it as much as an adult as my Twin wants to raise them for meat purposes.

I love Zimmerman's show though some of the food is just a little too much for me.

My motto is try it at least once! (Although I generally wimp out when I know there are internal organs in it)

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pheasant is my favorite bird to eat. I grew up eating it and love it.

I have a cow tongue in the freezer from when we got our beef. I need to cook it up but have been waiting for the weather to turn cooler. Mom always made it with cabbage when I was growing up.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Pheasant is my favorite bird to eat. I grew up eating it and love it.

I have a cow tongue in the freezer from when we got our beef. I need to cook it up but have been waiting for the weather to turn cooler. Mom always made it with cabbage when I was growing up.

My grandpa raves about how amazing it is, he says all you do is boil it, strip the "fleshy" off then cook it like a pot roast... I'd like to try it and am going to try to make it a goal to cook it... But maybe not till Next year...

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes. must peel the tongue. It's really good
What kind of spices do you use for yours? Is there any specific way you would suggest cooking it? As I've never had/cooked it before I'm quite curious