Trying to pass a kidney stone-update

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Bee, that is a pretty gross story.:p It's hard to imagine that you wouldn't know something that large is there.

About 5 years ago, I had a large, benign hemangianoma (sp) tumor removed. This tumor was about the size of a 2 liter coke bottle. I weigh about 130 pounds and my waist is about 28 inches.
Anywho, when I layed down, you could see the tumor rounded under my skin. I never had the first pain. I did have frequent indigestion and heartburn due to the tight quarters.

The Dr. that removed my tumor also removed a similar tumor from a much larger woman. I don't think she even knew it was there, until a routine exam. I don't remember exactly, but hers was much larger than mine.

Your description of a cyst sounds exactly like my symptoms.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Oh punkin, I hope you get to feeling better. I've never had an ovarian cyst but I have dealt with endometriosis and I know about the pain associated with that. I hope they get everything worked out for you, darlin'! :hugs

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
After a visit to my OB/GYN yesterday, I'm back to kidney stones. My ovaries are fine, thank goodness.

He really took the time to read the catscan results and determined that I have 2 stones. One still in the right kidney and one where the ureter joins the bladder.

He also made an appt. for me to see a Urologist next week. Good doctors are worth their weight in gold.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Well at least you know for sure what is the problem now. With that one being in the ureter then you know your body is trying to get rid of it. Lets just hope it is small enough to pass on its own.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Homesteadmom said:
Well at least you know for sure what is the problem now. With that one being in the ureter then you know your body is trying to get rid of it. Lets just hope it is small enough to pass on its own.
They said it's 1-3 milimeters. I think it's about the size of a watermelon. :lol: (not)

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
punkin said:
Homesteadmom said:
They said it's 1-3 milimeters. I think it's about the size of a watermelon. :lol: (not)
It probably FEELS like a watermelon! :hugs

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
punkin said:
Homesteadmom said:
Thats the size they said mine were/are too. I understand about the watermelon!! :ep

It will soon be over(Hopefully). As bad as it hurts to pass it what a relief it is once you do.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Homesteadmom said:
punkin said:
Homesteadmom said:
Thats the size they said mine were/are too. I understand about the watermelon!! :ep

It will soon be over(Hopefully). As bad as it hurts to pass it what a relief it is once you do.
How long did it take you to get rid of the little buggers? I'm drinking over 100 oz. of fluid a day. I'm using my strainer. The doctor said it could be about the size of a piece of glitter. Psssht, now how am I supposed to see that?